buddy seat (1 Viewer)

annalees

Free Member
Jun 30, 2010
Funster No
is it legal for some one to seat in the buddy while on the road,we have just purchased a camper t2 bay called pumpkin........ lee and ann from banstead:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
err i am lost what is a buddy seat please? -:Doh: surely there isnt a seat on those brake buddys that rvs use

and

Welcome to Fun

Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
You have me beat with your buddy seat, could you please enlighten me as to what it is you are referring to.
cheers

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Whatever form of seat it is,toilet or otherwise if its got a seat belt its OK to travel on it.:Doh:

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
/seeing as my motorhome is called BUDDY and has its name on the driver's door, do you mean you want to sit on my seat?:Smile:

Tough, there isn't enough room:Cool: but you are very welcome to sit on the passenger side.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Whatever form of seat it is,toilet or otherwise if its got a seat belt its OK to travel on it.:Doh:

a toilet with a seatbelt ... ?

now, that is a novel idea , :thumb:

I suppose it could be useful for the co-pilot after a night on curry and beer
:roflmto:

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Danbury's T2 has an optional buddy seat, which in their case is a box that the porta-potti can be stored in. But I've only ever seen them mention it in the context of using it while dining (to sit on, I hasten to add....otherwise that would be really fast food).

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs Neil.... wish you'd told me that before I name my van after a portaloo cupboard!:Sad:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

annalees

Free Member
Jun 30, 2010
Funster No
:ROFLMAO: some of your responses are so funny!!. We were told it was called a buddy seat?! Its not a toilet, it is a seat that you can hook on to the back of the passenger seat (rear facing) or fold away. It has no seat belt so do you think it would be legal to sit on it whilst travelling?

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Seatbelts in a motorhome is a topic that seems to come up a lot and the rules seem to be a bit vague. For example, I was convinced that it was illegal for anyone to use the sideways facing, seatbelt-less bed/seat in the back of my van and proudly announced that on another forum...only to be shot down, quite rightly.

If I understand things correctly, if there are belts you have to use them but if there are none available you can still use the seat during transportation. However, a police officer can stop you if he/she thinks you are putting somebody at risk. And I would not feel comfortable having somebody sitting in the back of mine.

Where does that put your buddy seat...no idea....sorry!

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Rear or side facing seats do not reqire seat belts.
Legal, Yes

Wise?
Only you and your buddy can decide that one
Geo

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread