s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
We were at Camp Haller in Budapest last August. Basic site and some might think it a bit tatty (there were a few "alternative" looking vans and inhabitants there) but it was actually pleasant, right in the city and not exorbitant.

It took a couple of circuits of the block to actually find it, as the entrance isn't immediately obvious.

Owners very friendly and helpful, even booked a river cruise for us at what seemed to us to be a very reasonable price.

Wish we'd had more time to spend there. It was very hot and despite my best intentions never to set foot in a McD*n*lds in Europe, it was the only place selling ice cold drinks.

Steve :Smile:
(Right, time to top up my beer for the second half - Vai Brasil!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We were at Camp Haller in Budapest last August. Basic site and some might think it a bit tatty (there were a few "alternative" looking vans and inhabitants there) but it was actually pleasant, right in the city and not exorbitant.

It took a couple of circuits of the block to actually find it, as the entrance isn't immediately obvious.

Owners very friendly and helpful, even booked a river cruise for us at what seemed to us to be a very reasonable price.

Wish we'd had more time to spend there. It was very hot and despite my best intentions never to set foot in a McD*n*lds in Europe, it was the only place selling ice cold drinks.

Looking at the map, that is amazingly central. Walking distance from the centre of a capital city, and the prices look really quite reasonable. I'm tempted myself!

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Looking at the map, that is amazingly central. Walking distance from the centre of a capital city, and the prices look really quite reasonable. I'm tempted myself!

Yep, very central. As well as walking, we used every form of local transport - bus, tube, taxi and river boat! Wish we'd stayed longer.

Also, we didn't book in advance, in August, just phoned on the day and still got a place!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

it's on our list of places to visit .. :thumb:

Thanks.. one to bookmark.. and at £15 per night.. inc. EHU and wifi .. bargain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tmesis

Free Member
Mar 28, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Anyone done any camping in Budapest

I have been to Camping Haller twice. It will easily take a 9m+ van and I saw an RV get in there. It is not on Haller ucsita but when you see the sign you have to turn right twice to get to the entrance. It has a bar/diner which does good goulash soup. Very friendly and helpful owner. Dutch, but with good English. it is clean with good facilities and ACSI too iirc. Definitely recommended.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back