BTFon login problems

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by stevec, Aug 14, 2016.

1. stevec

stevec Funster

I've just received some Solwise kit for my MH (Patriot antenna plus wifi repeater). I've set it up as instructed and can get the BT login screen . However I cannot get past the login page. I enter my user name and password (for my BT account) and it keeps telling me to check that I entered my details correctly. I can access my BT account through the login page (through the "trouble logging in") using the same login details and that works ok. It just won't work for logging into Fon. Anyone else had this problem?

Also, do I login to BT Broadband, BT Wifi or BT Fon on the login page? None of them accept my login details.

A bit confused!

Edit: I don't have a btinternet email account ( I haven't been told I have one). I'm registered using my gmail account.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. chaser

chaser Funster

Iv been trying to sort fon for four years, no luck yet:(:(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Have you tried downloading the BT Smart Talk app?
    I also have a Gmail account and can log into my BT account without issues.

4. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Have you got the Fon part of your router enabled? If you don't have your home fon on you won't be able to log in to any other connection.
    You should select BT fon.
    I just have a fon router I'm not on BT never have problem getting on to BT fon connections.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I thought the login needed a BT email address, we had to create one for ours, but ours is a business account if that makes a difference, but I keep forgetting the BT email address as we never use it apart from logging on the FON

6. chaser

chaser Funster

Sorry don't follow your edit , if you have a bt account you will also have a btinternet email, and that is what you log in with, I have no problem with bt fon in this country but never got it to work in France , by the way I have found you can't connect to bt fon with your own router at home , only through other people's .

7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

if using fon via your bt account you will need a bt email and password. from experience the bt tie in seems a bit unreliable. I have joined fon directly and installed the access point on my home broadband. the system checks this access point is live before allowing access away from home

8. pjay

pjay Funster

If you are a recent BT customer you might need to prefix your BT ID (email address) with BT/

ie BT/joebloggs@hotmail.com

Pete

9. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

If you are using a Alfa router from Solwise you probably have an IP conflict as the default LAN IP of the Alfa is in the same range as the WAN IP of French Fon. Just need to change the LAN IP of the router.
    We have a high success rate with Fon in France.

10. chaser

chaser Funster

If you have bt broadband at home , you log in to broadband , Bt.wifi doesn't work , and fon if you are away from your own router.

11. chaser

chaser Funster

This maybe way off the mark , but if you are doing this at home, try moving down the road a bit till you get someone else's broadband then try fon.

12. stevec

stevec Funster

I can get to the BT login page where I enter my login details. I thought if there was an IP conflict that I would not get this far.

I'll try setting up a BT email. Certainly on my profile page I don't seem to have a Primary BT ID so maybe thats what it is. Seems strange that I can access my account with a non BT email address though.

13. Bart

Bart Funster

Keep us updated as I am a BT infinity customer and also have problems loggin in to BT hotpots. When out and about.

14. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

I have never had problems logging into BT with FON logging in whilst in UK and again in France using SFR with FON. I have a FON router at home and use my login details.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DonA4000

DonA4000 Funster

You login with your Mybt account email and password. I have different passwords for checking my bt emails and checking my bill, so it's the one you'd check your bill. If you moved to bt from a different provider when setting up the new account bt will let you use your old email account like Gmail as your bt main account login. You can get the bt wifi app on your phone/tablet and the try logging in on that (as a test) you should be able to login to any of the bt wifi, bt fon and bt hotspot. (I think getting the app will enroll you in on the fon, but not sure on that one its a bit late for me :) ) I have my own setup for Internet/wifi in the Mh and have had the occasional login problem which can be because of a week signal or just the system playing up, I then turn it off a restart it.

16. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I quoted Chaser & was replying to his post about logging on in France where French Fon IP range is the same as the default IP address of the Alpf router.

17. stevec

stevec Funster

I was playing around with my phone (BT app removed) logging on to a local Fon. If I used the "BT Broadband" option on the login screen I could log in ok. If I used the "Fon" option I couldn't. Strange. That was just using my phone stand alone.

18. chaser

chaser Funster

That's what I ment,

19. stevec

stevec Funster

I'm asuming from what I discovered that it is asking for what kind of customer you are, not what you are connecting to. I have BT Broadband. I was at my daughter's last night and away from my broadband. registering as "BT Broadband" worked, as "Fon" it didn't. However I've not done enough tests to justify that completely. I'll be out and about again today so will try at another site.

20. stevec

stevec Funster

Lenny, I set a different IP address anyway as we shall be in France next month. I did note the post about that somewhere. Also it was another straw to clutch at!

• Like Like x 1