BT wifi with FON - are we being misled? (1 Viewer)

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
BT customers are connected to the FON system making it possible to log in to any FON router in the world via your BT log in. One of their major selling points! However, while I can log on and check my status (opted in) on btfon without problem. I am not able to log on to fon.com (something I used to be able to do)

Reading around the web it seems common that BT customers are unable to log onto FON outside of the UK. I am off to France over the summer and was pleased to see that SFR are part of the FON network but after reading the web I am now of the impression that no one is able to log onto it with their BT account.

How have others managed with FON in Europe? It seems a bit much that BT sell us this service if it doest work.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I logged into SFR FON with my Fonera account. I've not tried My openzone one

Link Removed
CA_06161319353462-M.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve101uk

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
did you try with your bt wifi account? I assume your fonera account is set up separately from your BT account?

My only account is with BT. I can log onto BT wifi with FON in the UK no problem. But when in France I think its going to be a different result.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I thought that fon was part of the fonera company, so no surprise that you can connect with a subscription from them. BT pay a licence to them for use in the uk, but not certain this includes worldwide.

just join fon directly and connect their box at home. with the box connected and sharing your internet with others you have access to their network worldwide. well wherever other people are sharing their internet connection with fon too

Broken Link Removed

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Here is another Fon /BT log on page

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Here is another opportunity for Jim......... Motorhome FON...... Could scam a load of people out of a tenner....:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back