BT Wifi contract (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
its all down to credit search and references.....no permenant address = no credit reference on that property.

search Ebay for none expiring data sims

hard to find but they are out there.

mine (vodaphone) was £7.50 post free with £15 credit attached and no time limit for usage.
been using it over a year now but i dont use it often.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Isn't it just to do with the lack of permanent address rather than credit history?

As far as I understood, BT only offer WiFI (Openzone/Fon) access as add-ons to their fixed broadband packages which, by definition, require a permanent address.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
its all down to credit search and references.....no permenant address = no credit reference on that property.

search Ebay for none expiring data sims

hard to find but they are out there.

mine (vodaphone) was £7.50 post free with £15 credit attached and no time limit for usage.
been using it over a year now but i dont use it often.

Vodaphone only do 30 day ones now, dont use it you lost the credit:cry:
I have a non expiring one:thumb:

Peter

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As an ex full timer I appreciate the problem, you simply cannot get credit or phone contract without an address..

Being of 'no fixed abode' ( technically homeless) is the biggest problem that faces all who decide to sell up and live in a van.. it's simply not recognised or catered for by officialdom, the main reason we gave up after three years.. and a phone contract was the least of our problems..

Do you have a c/o address for other things like your bank and vehicle docs etc .. if so, have you tried using that ?

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
When getting my first mobile phone many years ago I had great but I solved it by using my daughter to get it in her name.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back