BT Mobile scrap roaming charges. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
From 1st June BT Mobile are scrapping roaming charges throughout Europe.

It looks as if there is a limit on data of 15gb if you have a 20gb per month plan.

Details copied from their email below:-

Good news. From 1 June you can use your data, calls and text allowance in Spain,
France, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria and
many more countries.

In fact, over 40 destinations abroad are included in the new ‘roam like home’ initiative.

How it works

Next time you’re in one of those countries, you’ll get a text to say you’re roaming.
Then you just use your phone as normal.

Don’t forget, anything you do use while you’re away counts towards your data, minutes and text allowance. So if you go over it, you’ll need to pay the below charges.

Zone 1a countries Zone 1b countries
Calls

Price per minute 35p 29.1p

Text

Price per message 12p 10p

Data

Price per MB 10p 8.3p

From 15 June if your plan gives you 20GB or more of data each month, a surcharge may be applied if you use more than 15GB, while roaming, in one billing cycle.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
What's a "billing cycle"?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
So limiting you.....:(
Unfortunately yes.

I think we all hoped that roaming charges would be completely scrapped but that doesn't seem to be quite the case.
However, if you have a large UK data allowance 15gb per month is still a tidy amount to use abroad. More than enough for web browsing I would have thought but would soon get gobbled up if you want to download TV or movies.

Richard.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So can that be free roaming if they reduce your allowance?
It is for phone & text. Data is to stop people taking the **** . which they will do. My wife has unlimited calls & tests with them which will still be the same.

Look on the bright side if you had a Spanish mobile our 'roaming' charges will now be going up :cry:as from 2014 until now they have been capped at the EU roaming rate & from 1st Of June that reverts to "at home " rates which for texts for me means a rise from the EU capped rate of 10cents to the "at home " rate,29c, + 5c which will be 34c /text.:LOL: A 240% rise. Love it. Phone calls will be the same. :cry:
What's a "billing cycle"?
A month.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I know why but if you buy a chocolate bar and the next day another at the same price but it's smaller, that's an increase however you look at it.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
  1. Cautionary note. If it's BT don't assume anything! Get all the B's dotted and T's crossed.....

From "been well done over by BT before " aka sueandjohn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back