BT email (2 Viewers)

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
So if you go to home.bt.com you should see top right, mybt and email. I'm with bt and have 2 different logins for mybt and email, which I suspect that the btid would be for the mybt (account) access. I did have to change our email password about a month ago for the security update in changing back from yahoo. Did you try the forgotten password? But maybe they've rest it with the pin number!

I try to always use the live online chat instead of phoning:Smile: I just can't handle the phoning drives me insane :shout:

Their online help can work quite good:winky:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
bt sent me sms to my mobil phone to tell me that they have sent a pin number to access my btinternet.com email .i will let you know what it is all about when i get hold of a person who can talk english tomorrow hopefully
i am of to bed now after a very large drink

Sympathise with you mate, if you are having trouble with this , wait till you try logging into fon, nightmare, :Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My BT is running as normal with no requests to change my e mail from @btinternet.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My BT is running as normal with no requests to change my e mail from @btinternet.com

Yeah mine is as well, must say I have been on btinternet since the day it started and never had the slightest trouble with internet and email in all that time , I know others have and not sticking up for bt as I have had problems with other stuff, especially fon which I have posted numerous times on here.
But just giving my experiences with them::bigsmile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
anyone on btinternet.com have you been changed over to their new email from the bt yahoo mail server?

This might have already been mentioned - too many pages to read through but I suspect the OP has clicked on one of the many spam e-mails which were generated when BT announced it was parting company with Yahoo.

As a BT internet user there was nothing to do other than log onto BT.com to access e-mail using the same username and password as you did with Yahoo.

If the OP has followed the instructions on one of these spam mails then I suspect their account has now been hijacked.

Ringing the BT helpline is probably the only answer though it will be a long process.

Afternote: Just had problems logging into BT myself - it made me change my password, not sure if this is related to the HeartBleed bug, there was no mention of it. However, having now logged on the page reads BT Yahoo mail - so it looks as if BT and Yahoo have got back together again. Odd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
BT mail

right i have been on phone to BT. there was a problem it seems i have 2 BT ID's one for email's. one for account ie phone bill etc. they have sent a letter(post) to the account holder (me) with a password to log in/log on.
so i can combine both accounts into one account.now i have to wait on royal mail
Bill

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
right i have been on phone to BT. there was a problem it seems i have 2 BT ID's one for email's. one for account ie phone bill etc. they have sent a letter(post) to the account holder (me) with a password to log in/log on.
so i can combine both accounts into one account.now i have to wait on royal mail
Bill
As I said earlier Bill and you can't change the original BT ID for some reason :thumb:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
this is the page i get after i log in (this is a copy and paste)
Your new BT Mail inbox is ready

Before you take a look, set up your BT ID, the new way to manage your email in My BT.

You’re about to discover a brand new BT Mail. You’ll get a sleek new inbox with a clutter-free layout and loads of new features. Before you take a look, set up your BT ID, which will allow you to manage your email. You’ll be able to create a new email addresses, delete old ones and update all your details in My BT.
If you already use My BT, you’ll be able to link your login details and your BT Mail address into one BT ID as part of this journey - so you’ll only have one username and password to remember for all your BT services.
Setting up a BT ID only takes a couple of minutes, but if you’re in a rush you can skip this for up to 30 days. You can check how many days you have left at the bottom of this page. We recommend that you set yours up now; it’s only three quick steps.

Set up my BT ID

yes this is all quite true. I've followed this to get at my email.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back