Bruno to stay at home

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Road Runner, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Bruno is getting so stressed travelling that I have decided he can stay with my ex when I travel.

My ex and I DON'T get on but do talk about Bruno she had him when I was last in hospital thankfully.

He wont sleep during journey's and pants all the way anywhere even with the air con full on and scared it will all be to much for him as he gets into a hell of a state.

It's such a shame pets age.

My health is dodgy now so feel i must do as much as I can while I can.

Not an easy decision though as he my best mate and got me through a rough ten years but we still are best buddies :hug:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

thats sad John but on the otherhand now the decision has been made you can sell the caravan and the RV and get a Cheaper to Run eurobox. you know it makes sense. Maybe someone will even do you an exchange? Who knows. Keep a smaller one at home as well so no storage cost either.

3. Road Runner

My long term vision Roger, maybe sell the caravans and get a cheapy eurovan to start with probably a left hooker.

Long term want a Hymer or pilote A class.

Bruno's been there done that but detests the cars and travelling now so it's just not fair and my ex is being decent as she loves Bruno to bits.

4. the stig

the stig Funster

Sounds like a good game plan to me John

5. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

Hi John sorry to read Bruno has given up travelling. Whilst the opportunity is there to get away knowing that Bruno is gonna be well looked after, take it.

Dale

6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

John a decision that I am sure you have done a lot of thinking about, we will really miss Bruno at the Rally's but its only fair to put what is best for him first, he's such a great character plodding around the rally fields and as you say will make traveling for you easier.

7. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

Sorry to hear about Bruno, and as much as you love your pooch, you want to do the best for him, we had a bit of a nightmare two weeks ago our pup Gracie Mai jumped off the settee and broke her Tibia ( has had plate put in ) what the vets charge they could have put in a gold plated full service ) Anyrate we have had to cancel a month in Tenerife,we all do what is best for our pets, they are part of the family :Sad:

8. Road Runner

I can see it as you have written it :hug: going to be real hard but seeing him pant on a journey the other day:Doh:

I feel he thinks he's being punished:thumbdown:

Maybe Carmarthen?

9. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Our old dog Zoe was the same with the car, and we left her at home when visiting my mum and dad, it was funny her not being there as she loved my dads cakes.:BigGrin: But the motorhome was different you could not pop in it for anything without her wanting to get in it. :BigGrin:
    You have to do what's best for him John, and it can be hard at times. :Sad:
    It was a lot easier leaving our girls for a couple of months :Eek!: than our dog! :Blush: Bob.

10. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Oh John - I so sympathise. Ellie's daughter, Phoebe, only 17 months old, has had 2 knee ops and now her patella (knee cap) is fractured and she is off excercise for another 6 weeks. Thank God for insurance but her puppyhood is passing so quickly without her being able to be a puppy. I do sometimes wonder if she would be better without that leg. 3-legged dogs seem to do very well. She is my daughter's dog and her life is really being curtailed but she loves her dog. It is so difficult. Phoebe always used to come to ours to be with Ellie and Sophie (my son's dog) but now she has to stay at home on her own. It seems unbearable at times, not only for her but for my daughter who's life is on hold while her dog is struggling like this. :Sad::cry::Sad:

Ivy

11. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

Opening new chapter, new horizon, time waits for no one, good move, very best wishes