Bruno gone (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

One things for sure my life will never be the same without him and am a richer person for having had him in my life.

Hi John .. you are correct, it can never be the same.. but it's not the end.. think on it as a fresh start.
I've never lost a dog in these circumstances, but I did lose my first wife and three kids .. no, not dead, but worse, they were alive but I was out of their lives.. divorced.. alone, nothing to live or work for, it was a living nightmare that only those who have experienced will understand.

I felt like it was the END .. I would have been happy to have ended it all.. even today, 24 years on, the pain can still surface but I made a new start, a new family and got down to making a new life, not because I'm strong, I'm not, but I met Jan who made me see that life was not over.

You will never forget Bruno, that is as it should be, but you must move on.. do all the things you have planned.. sitting brooding alone is the worst thing you can do ..

In time you may decide to have another dog.. but only you can decide on that ..

Chin up John... there is a big wide world to explore.. old friends to meet, new ones to make.. as already said.. only one life.. make the most of it.. it's not a dress rehearsal.

all the best mate

Jim

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
so sorry John .You have lost your faithfull companion we will miss him.
Sid

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
The one good thing to come out of all this, John, is that you now know that there are a huge number of people that care about you. The posts on this forum are testament to that.

You will feel bad, probably for a long time, but don't let that stop you from joining in the club events. Everyone will understand when you are not your normal cheerful self.

Best wishes
Rob & Val

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
RIP Bruno.
These lovely animals fill your life when they are here but leave such a big hole when they are gone.:Sad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Brian & Jim your both right of course.

I intend to sell the RV & Caravan now a buy a eurovan as don't need big vehicle any more and fancy wildcamping in UK and Europe.

Just got to motivate myself to getting around to it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I intend to sell the RV & Caravan now a buy a eurovan as don't need big vehicle any more and fancy wildcamping in UK and Europe.

Well everything is in your favour, it's spring, so spring into action.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Brian & Jim your both right of course.

Good plan John .. now put it into action ..

they way I learned how to do it, both with a divorce and battling alcohol addiction simultaneously ..

ONE STEP AT A TIME ..

If you try to go too fast you may become disheartened, have a plan for just one day ahead, make a decision to do just one positive step toward that goal each day..

You may be surprised, but getting just one positive thing done each day will boost your moral.

write down the steps on how to achieve your goal, then what step you will do tomorrow.. then tomorrow night tell us what you achieved ..

good luck . :Smile:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
JOHN your welcome to come and have a meet with me and old smuger and sink a few cases of beer :thumb::thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped.........I intend to sell the RV & Caravan now a buy a eurovan as don't need big vehicle any more and fancy wildcamping in UK and Europe.

There's a dream in there amongst that lot John, so you go for it pal. :thumb:

There will be so many of us on here rooting for you, that you won't get any peace with the planning and preparation, and you'll need to sort out a good WiFi/3G connection in order to keep up with the queries and good wishes whilst on your travels. You can't just bu##er off and not keep us up to date with the travel blog. That's not playing cricket. :winky:

This sounds like a plan, and your the man. :thumb:

Eurovan, eh John? What, a quality Hymer, Burstner, Hobby, Euromobile, Concorde, Neismann + Bischoff, or a VW "Fat Willy" campervan. :winky: Whatever you choose, you be sure to see it through.

All the bast pal,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We were unable to sign in yesterday so missed the sad news. While unable to be there to support you, how great it is to see the support from all the funsters on here. We too only met you and Bruno once, but what a gentle giant he was.

We are not dog owners, but have always had other pets. It's never easy when you lose them, but with a real character like Bruno's, you must feel really lost.

Good that you are able to look to the future and were looking forward to meeting you again soon.

Leave behind you the sadness of recent weeks, but do take with you all those glorious memories of your pal.

Good luck John. Robin, Hilary and James.

Thanks too to Dave for letting us all know. Meet you hopefully again soon after bumping into you at DLP last summer.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
So sorry to hear this John, he was a gorgeous dog. Our thoughts are with you xx

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
There's a dream in there amongst that lot John, so you go for it pal.

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

Could not have put it better John, now make that dream come true.

Best of luck with your new dream.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back