Brugge aire questions (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi all,

I've got some questions regarding the Brugge aire which I'm sure will be easily answered by those who've visited.

I looked at the YouTube videos and at some previous posts and my questions stem from these.

Looking at the various YouTube footage and reading the posts, is there two Aires - one either side of the road? If so, which is best and why?

Or is there one big aire which is split between motor homes and where coaches park?
- I read that you can go through either entrance barrier and get access to the other part without having to come out and go back in again - is this still the case?

Someone mentioned that one is tight access/parking than the other - which part would suit a sub 9m van?

I've seen the water tap with the trailing hose (turn right through barrier rather than straight ahead to coach bit) - is this the grey waste of toilet waste?

And which part is the fresh water filling point located?

I'm sure I'll be able to suss it all out when I arrive, but wanted to be prepared.
Thanks!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes there are two aires but they are essentially the same as you pay for them both in the same place (the coach station), the one on the right as you come in has some concrete bollard at the entrance so with a bigger van you might be best on the left. We have used both and the only thing with the one on the right is that you can sit and look at the boats in the harbour.

There is fresh water at both places but can't remember if you can get the van close enough as I usually use a aquaroll so have the freedom.

Untitled.jpg

If you look the the google view, the main aires with tight entrance is on the left overlooking the marina, the coach park is to the right of the image and the overflow is the top of the image.

Martin

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We have used both, the one on the left seems to have a bit more space between spaces and has more shade from the trees. There is fresh water on both but not sure of waste points on the left one. The right side has two spaces per grouping divided by hedges and overlooks the harbour.

If you need to park during the day rather than overnight you can park on the road outlined the left hand side Aire, we have used that a number of time after staying on the Aire but still having the Last night in the Aire.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If you need to park during the day rather than overnight you can park on the road outlined the left hand side Aire, we have used that a number of time after staying on the Aire but still having the Last night in the Aire.
I've seen one or two overnighting out on the road. We stayed on the one on the left.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
The right side has two spaces per grouping divided by hedges and overlooks the harbour.

There are three of four spaces per grouping. There is only 1 two space. We prefer being on an edge as the spaces are tightly packed and like the 'open' feeling on one side even if we do have step straight into a hedge! Having said that all the 'edge' spaces are usually taken when we get there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
There is a campsite in Bruges called Memling. We have stayed there a few times and its not much more than the aires if you have ACSI.
Great showers EHU etc, 10 mins by cycle from the town.
Dont forget to pay a visit to Damme just down the road.
Phil

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
There is a campsite in Bruges called Memling. We have stayed there a few times and its not much more than the aires if you have ACSI.
And there is a very regular bus service from the top of the road, that does the rounds until quite late at night. (y)
You just have to stand at the stop, on the correct side of the road for the bus into town (speaking from experience here :LOL: ).

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Gav,

We stayed in the one on the left.

Having walked across the road to empty the toilet cassette (there is no facility on the left hand-side) I think in future I'd still go left, particularly with the size of your van.

You can fill up with fresh water and empty waste water though on the left hand side.

The only downside is that a lot of the pitches are not level.........that's when the E&P comes into its own (y)

2015-12-21 08.39.34.jpg

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Thanks for all of the tips and info.
Feeling a lot more confident for our visit and will be aiming to park up on the left of the road.
I'll drive cab in first to help level mine Andy @Imbiber :(

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If you intend to visit before the 15th July
The roadworks are a nightmare.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Do not use GPS
Which direction will be arriving from

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Zeebrugge port, stay 1/2nts then heading down coast towards Normandy & Brittanny

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
No problem with the roadworks then.
You will enter Brugge from the best side.
Should be OK to use GPS.
You will miss the major roadworks at the railway station.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back