Brstner/Renault Master Long Arm Door Mirror (1 Viewer)

Dec 3, 2013
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2011
I want to loosen off the swivel of the long arm door mirrors on my Brustner Delfin T680 for two reasons, flatten them off against the side to allow the cover to fit more neatly but also to improve the vision when driving to avoid the window/quarter light join.

The mirror is at the end of two tubular arms that it should be possible I would have thought to loosen off.

The plastic cap on the side just reveals the anchor screw. There are caps on the top and bottom of the door mount which I would imagine can be removed to expose a tightening screw9s). The problem is how does that cap come off? It doesn't seem to 'pop' off and if I attempt to put a thin blade down the edge gap I might only cause disfiguring damage if that it not the way to do it.

Can anyone help please?

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I push mine back no need to loosen any bolts they feel a little stiff but they do go back

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a Delfin T680, the mirrors only have one fixed position (like a car mirror) and cannot be adjusted, I don't think. It may feel like they don't retract, but trust me they do. You might have to put all your weight behind it as I did the first time (I don't think they'd ever been retracted in 6 years) but they will lay flat against the cab after a big bang. Retract much easier now :thumb:

They aren't Renault Master mirrors specifically, they were standard on the Mascott. I hate them - I need to get some Milenco Blindspot mirrors for them.

Hope this helps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Dec 3, 2013
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for your responses. Logic seems to say that they are just very stiff because they have never been moved. I think I will give them a good dose of WD40 then try putting some weight behind it.

Many thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back