brownhills

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by slimbob, Apr 21, 2013.

1. slimbob

slimbob Read Only Funster

we went to the pb show today and had a look at a autotrail mohawk on the brownhills site .
    it is just the layout we are looking for .we need seat belts in the back at the mo we have a autocruise starblazer no rear seat belts.
    two things we are not sure about
    no 1 its an autotrail after buying a british m/home not sure i want another.
    no 2 not to sure about dealing with brownhills but thay have made a very good offer on my a/starblazer .
    iam not sure how i ended up in an autotrail or how come i was on the brownhills site.
    but i have to say the deal does sound good.
    anyone got any info on autotrail quality good or bad.
    and dealings with brownhils

2. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Took delivery of a new Mohawk 1st march this year, also with the half dinette option, so far we are well pleased and have no major issues.:thumb:

3. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

We have just collected an Autotrail Scout.

No issues, except positive ones:thumb:

4. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

Read my thread Auto-Trail woes.

This is still ongoing. :Angry:

5. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Don't start the Brownhills thing again :Doh: Search the threads if you have the time. :Laughing:

6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

If you have to ask on here for assurance then I think you really know the answer

7. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

Don't know about Brownhills, but I do know I brought a s/h Autotrail Dakota SE and I love it. It'll be the marque I'll shop for in the future.:thumb::thumb:

8. the stig

the stig Funster

Hi, we have had 2 MH's and both have been Autotrail. I think we have been most fortunate that we have had NO bad experiences with either. For us the build and quality have been very good. So no complaints for us. You can visit autotrail and they do factory tours once a month (first friday of the month I believe) We have just sold our Chieftan, but thats not because we didn't like it or there was anything wrong with it, it was purely based on our needs.
    I would def fly the flag for the Chieftans, ours was indeed a superb van.
    You will find lots of people will have plenty to say on the positive and the negative, but that will happen which ever van/make you go for.

But remember one thing... if the deal looks to good to be true, then you know the rest!!!

9. Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Brownhills offered us a fantastic deal on our trade in, plus they said they could arrange the VAT back as my hubby is disabled. I know that he isn't disabled enough to qualify, yet they were eager to sell me on the idea. Anything to get a deal it seemed. At that point I researched their reputation. I suggest you do the same. Suffice to say I went to a different dealer, not such a good deal but better peace of mind should any problems occur and I have no intention to live my life, looking over my shoulder for the VAT man, just to line Brownhills pockets.

10. slimbob

slimbob Read Only Funster

thanks for the replys .
    still not sure how we are going to go at the mo