Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Hi folks, had Mark from CLS out to do my recent Hab check and he found Damp in MH strange that we have damp so quickly, problem with Solar panel and or Battery plus a couple of other little problems, so I contacted Brownhills as they own the warranty to take a look and let me know what is what, MH is 2007 and I find it odd that these things have happened so quickly.
I know from some of the threads on here that Brownhills are not renown for there afterservice so what can I expect.TIA.

By the way First Class work from Mark and CLS.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
so what can I expect.TIA.
By the way First Class work from Mark and CLS.

A bit is up to you. Be very nice to them, make them want to help you. Attitude is important. It may or may not work but it's your best hope.

Against you, Mark, which will already have triggered "they go elsewhere then come moaning to us".

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pendy

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Fair comment, but there is method behind my madness;-
1. Mark is virtually up the road from me.
2. He came to me at a time of my choice and I could trust him to give me good service based on what people have said on this forum.
3. The last time I went to Brownhills I came away £607.00 lighter.
4. I wanted to be sure I could explain my problems confidently and appear to know what I was talking about.
5. If there is a problem regarding warranty work then I already have ammunition to back me up should things gp Pete Tong.::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fair comment, but there is method behind my madness;-
1. Mark is virtually up the road from me.

There is no madness. It's your van and you do what you think is best. It's just that Brownhills will see it from a different angle.

I've never fished but I guess you are on the same lines, you've got to tease a good result out of them. Nice and gently with fingers crossed.

OP
OP
pendy

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
What about this????????????

Took the MH in today, armed with all the things we thought we might need,opened the door to the sales/repair workshop and a couple are tearing into 2 of the staff about how poor the afterservice is, and the fact that now they have purchased their MH Brownhills are no longer interested.(SPLIT TANK AND WARPED DOOR) RAPIDO.
The wife and I look at each other and take a deep breath, approach the desk and expect the worst,we weren't disappointed, the MH was inspected by 1 of their technicians and an hour later we were given the good news, the work will cost £69.00 labour per hour and the job will take 30 HOURS!!!!! TOATAL= £2100.00 approx.waiting now for warranty approval before proceeding.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
wow that's a lot of dosh. Can I ask who owns the warranty? Why does it need approval or is it still under manufacturers warranty? And sorry to be nosey but how did the damp ingress? was there something not sealed properly?

Good luck with it. Incidentally I always get mark to service my van.

OP
OP
pendy

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
:cry:Mark is a top bloke and gave me valuable advice before I went into the discussion,the warranty is owned by Explorer and was transferred when we purchased the van, there was also a problem with my solar setup but that only carries a 1 year warranty, so Mark is going to sort that for me but here again Mark suggests a slightly larger Battery that will make us very self sufficient when it is up and running.The water ingress has come from a small hole in the top right hand driving light and we had noticed water in it prior to Mark finding it on the Hab service, the other area is near the fresh water tank between the filler neck and the body so all that has to be cut out and replaced.:cry:
I don't know how long the van will be off the road but we will miss it, we have really enjoyed our first year and have seen so many different things we would never normally notice plus there is the advantage of meeting all the nice folk on this forum the advice is priceless and I try to contribute where possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back