Brownhills (1 Viewer)

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Well said

jakeontour

I'm in favour of free speech and not dictating to others what they can and cannot say - if people want to discuss dealers and service levels on this forum, then they should be allowed to do so without members using derogatory speech to put them off.

Those who don't want to read particular threads can simply avoid them. I think the REAL "barrage of abuse" is to post offensively, like telling other members "enough already", and to quote completely out of context, which is very misleading to readers. Just because you don't happen to agree with someone else's opinion doesn't make it a "barrage of abuse" - its inflammatory and unnecessary to use that kind of untruthful description.

Like I said, if you don't like the posts about dealers, then avoid them, no-one forces you to read them.

Laurie

Well said Camcondor, Without these type of posts how would folks know.
Also the posts were not all negative as my posts were relating a better side of Brownhills.
:thumb:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
jakeontour

I'm in favour of free speech and not dictating to others what they can and cannot say - if people want to discuss dealers and service levels on this forum, then they should be allowed to do so without members using derogatory speech to put them off.

Those who don't want to read particular threads can simply avoid them. I think the REAL "barrage of abuse" is to post offensively, like telling other members "enough already", and to quote completely out of context, which is very misleading to readers. Just because you don't happen to agree with someone else's opinion doesn't make it a "barrage of abuse" - its inflammatory and unnecessary to use that kind of untruthful description.

Like I said, if you don't like the posts about dealers, then avoid them, no-one forces you to read them.

Laurie

good post laurie:thumb:

ray

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Well said Camcondor, Without these type of posts how would folks know.
Also the posts were not all negative as my posts were relating a better side of Brownhills.

Well folks, it seems that I had not updated on Motorhome fun my recent experiences with Brownhills.:Doh: I had updated on Wildcamping:Doh:
Brownhills have contacted me twice recently to let me know that my habitation handbook had arrived :thumb:and secondly to let me know that the glass sink cover had also arrived:thumb:
I do think that they have finally realized that they cannot continue to treat customers so badly and are trying to get their act together:thumb:
I would still be apprehensive about buying from them or any big dealer again but if the price was right as it was in this case, I probably would:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Ralph

Deleted User
Well I bought 3 vans from Brownhills and, like others I've not been impressed as they've got bigger.
So I bought the 4th from a smaller dealer (well, no option really as they are the importer for my particular choice) and, in retrospect, I'd go back to Brownhills again next time.
Yes they are now large and impersonal and they employ used car salesmen not motorhome knowledgeable people but their very size means that they have large workshops, can fit you in with less than a month's notice and carry a good stock of spares. Unfortunately small doesn't always mean beautiful or good service.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Motorhome Fun's first Brownhills thread....:cry:

I have heard they are in the deep stuff, and today there site is down.

Anyone heard anything?:Smile:

I was at Cannock the other day (collecting my long awaited bits & pieces) and the old site was empty except for a couple of vans being valeted.
I asked what was going on and the answer was that they are moving lock stock and barrel into the new site.
I have no reason to doubt this answer as the new site is very full.
I must say that I have a good relationship with the parts dept and I can only praise them.:thumb:
They now have a lady that has taken up chasing delayed parts from the manufacterers.:thumb:
As I have said before, "they are trying to improve" I think!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back