Brownhills-browned off.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mandaxxx, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

We were up in Preston yesterday (Hambilton's were chopping our Hymer table, what a good idea-so much more space!) we called into Brownhills just to see what was about and to kill time, they didn't have many used vans and the ones they had were dear and in very poor condition.
    I know we weren't looking to change, but we spent about 3/4 hr wasting time looking at everything but I think we were invisible as not one salesman came near us!
    How can they run a place like that?????:Eeek::Eeek:
    On the other side of the coin we called into Todd's for some accessories-good shop- they had a lot of vans of varying sizes/styles/prices all indoors!
    We didn't hang around the vans as ours was ready to collect but the difference between Brownhills & Todds was very obvious.:thumb:

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I personally hate salesmen appearing like the car shop. Always leave straight away if that happen.

3. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

Me to John. I've got Emily trained and she's only 12, last week we got approached and she said " and before you ask NO", surprised me :Rofl1:

Re cutting down of table in Hymer, we have a square table that would make more sense to be round is that something the company mentioned would be able to do?

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Manda
    yes Todds is a good site to view and buy, Re Brownhills I have been told from quite a reliable source that by September it will be shut, It is advertised as relocating but no new site mentioned makes you think. we live about 20 miles away from there so we do call there for a nosey at the stock from time to time, we will have to wait and see what happens. pete