Brownhills Apology

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rav4girly, Oct 16, 2010.

1. rav4girly

rav4girly Read Only Funster

I have recieved a letter from Brownhills with an attached written apology from the compare of the Saturday night entertainment from the Northern Motorhome Show. He made some kind of joke about Brownhills being crap, which I cant even remember, and obviously they didn't find it funny. Has anyone else had one?

2. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

I had one on Thursday, the letter came from Warners, not Brownhills but obviously Brownhills were not amused and Warners presumably bowed under pressure due to the advertising revenue they must spend with Warners. Pity freedom of speech is compromised. We have all read enough about Brownhills and can make up our own minds whether the comments made were true or not.

3. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

So what was the joke or is it not to be printed due to libel laws etc

4. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

I got one too and I thought it defeated the purpose. I'd completely forgotten the joke but the letter reminded me.
    He was telling another story in which he said he'd told a lie. Then he said something like, 'A little lie. Not a Brownhills lie.'
    The place erupted. I thought it was very funny must admit but bringing it up so long afterwards has only served to bring it back into the public consciousness. Foolish ...

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

It certainly defeated the purpose, :Laughing:

now a big lie will be known as a Brownhills , through time it may even get into the Oxford dictionary :Cool: