Brownhills a Must Read

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by niggle, Oct 31, 2011.

1. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

This is going to be long...

Well i found some water ingress in my motorhome. Called brownhills at Newark, no problem came the reply just tell us when you want it done and bring it to us, huh i thought,,, so date booked and off I went to them. On getting there I was greeted by El Harrison and with coffee in hand booked in and told work could start tommorrow, and what time would you like us to start ? At 08.00 they body repair man Paul Sloan was by the door of the m/h as arranged ,i then went for another free coffee,, about dinner time the body repair man Paul, came to me and gave me a detailed blow by blow account of what was wrong and how he was going to fix it, so off I went to the bistro they have on site to use my free voucher on dinner,, coffee, and a full dinner. at about 3 the repair guy came to me and told me that the m/h was back in my bay and it was plugged in to the free electric heating was on and what time could he start tommow ??, so at 8 in the morning tap tap on the door there he was ready to go. at 14.00 again he this time told me m/h was parked in the bay and would i please come with him to inspect the work he had done and again he gave me the blow by blow account of what and how he had done it ?????? 5 STAR PLUS SERVICE

Also while there they had to source a arm rest made by izri in italy, but to no avail, the service by the parts dep was 5 star emails ,phone calls, and texts Andy Hall and Liz Thomas ,,,,,,then Rob Batchelor the after sales manager with the help of Steve Cullen CEO stepped in to the problem?? Out came the secret weapon Vic Harrison after about 2 hrs problem sorted 4 new arm rests ordered from hymer ?? As they can be made to fit, and recovered in the same fabric as on the m/h but I've got to go back to get the job done,,and they have even come to an arrangement over the travelling expences,and maybe this time i will use the swimming pool and jaciusi games room and lounge ALL FREE ?????
    All i can say is that whilst i was there the staff and brownhills bent oaver backwards to give the best service i have ever had any where and nothing was too much trouble Even im impressed

• Like Like x 15
  2. LickeyEndBlues

LickeyEndBlues Read Only Funster

Good to read that. I had heard some pretty negative stuff about Brownhills.

3. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Wow!:thumb: That's so much better than the usual stories we hear about them. Is this a new era of customer focus? Sounds like it. Long may it last.

John

4. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

Very impressed
    I have my cars serviced by the same garage last 10years or so the only names I got thus far is the service manager and the receptionist.

5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

That story was very interesting Brownhills came good for you and did what should be expected as the norm, I do hope they read this pat on the back you have given them and continue to treat customers like this then they will get more funsters spending money with them:thumb:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. EthnGeoff

EthnGeoff Funster

Credit where its due. Good to hear the positives.:thumb:
    Geoff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

We also just purchased m/home from Brownhills, Newcastle. Must say service was exceptionally good. Right from first phone call and day of departure everything was carried out professionally and even when returning home we had a call to check that all was ok. Aidan in Sales is most helpful and so were the rest of the staff. Hope it continues for them and any future purchasers.:thumb:

8. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

I have been at several "industry meetings" and you would be amazed the lengths and distances Brownhills are travelling to ensure that they get things right.

Not just minions being sent on courses either, very senior management have been invloved at meetings between manufacturers and the motorhome industry really getting involved to ensure less dissapointment and more satisfaction for the motorhome users.

You don't waste days away sitting around tables discussing new products and schemes any to go back to work to devise schemes to upset customers!

Well done Brownhills!

Eddie

9. chass

chass Read Only Funster

Well that was a breath of fresh air I must say I was expecting a negative post.
    Well done Brownhills please keep it up:thumb:

10. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

What brilliant news !

Lets face it, Brownhills are a major player and a big supplier of both new and used motorhomes.

Far too long it has been the case that folk have avoided them as, with all the past problems, they proly felt that should an issue arise they were going to be shafted.

With this sort of report ( and not the first I have heard recently :thumb: ) from Brownhills it would seem they have well and truly beaten their gremlins and we can, once again ( hopefully ! :thumb: ) add them to the list of decent suppliers and purveyors of 'good things motorhome' :BigGrin:

11. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

It is great to read a story like that about any dealer, but to hear that Brownhills are walking the walk is even better. I really hope that they are reading this thread, they deserve the credit.

12. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Niggle, maybe you could leave Brownhills a review here. Motorhome Dealer Reviews as Brownhills are on the bottom of the list at the moment, your review might lift them a little.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gromett

Gromett Funster

I had to check the date of your post to make sure it wasn't an April Fools from earlier in the year that had been resurrected. :Doh:

Well done Brownhills. I hope you keep this up :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Nice to hear this instead of moans,well done

Peter

15. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

It's all about survival now.

I went into a factory today, caravan maker, once heaving, tripping up over bodies, now it was a ghost town. Still going but instead of tripping up over men it was spot the men. A very sad sight. Top quality products, I've done work for them for 20 years.

This recession is not going away. Only those who put in a huge effort will survive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Good to hear some positive news about them as Brownhills are my nearest major dealer and usually my first port of call. I will go in a better frame of mind next time. :thumb:

17. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Dunno Brian, seen all the new 11 and 60 plate cars on the roads now, Audi's, Range Rovers etc.

We have sold 10 brand new vans this month, 5 top of the range Pilotes and the others were not that cheap either, so there is money about.

Internet went dead as though the tap was turned off a couple of weeks ago but it is picking up again now, Fiamma did quite well at the NEC as well.

Wholesaler (TV'S) had a good trade show so it's not all doom and gloom. They did have a couple of crap months recently though.

Peter

18. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

19. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

It's nice to hear that Brownhills are getting some good press instead of the usual bad posts on various sites...I must admit I was one of the bad mouthers after a bad experience with em..3 years ago now..As you say they are walking the walk instead of just talking it..might have a day down there shortly just to see what they have in stock and see what is on offer
    Good for you at last Brownies lets hope it carries on....:thumb:

20. Mikemoss

Mikemoss Read Only Funster

Without dealers we wouldn't have motorhomes at all (unless we all went in for self-build, and then we'd need the component suppliers). But most of all we need good, honest, reliable, do-what-they-say dealers and the more the merrier.

In short, we need the trade and having good relationships with traders is very important. That's one reason why I was dismayed when Peter (Johns Cross) was booted out of another forum in what seems to me a very short-sighted move. OK, if he happens to promote his business while offering help and advice, that's a pretty fair bargain and we should value it.

Similarly, it's great to hear good things about Brownhills and I guess we all hope this will continue.