Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Southampton uk
Funster No
MH
Pop Top
Exp
Too many to mention
Your awnining or your gazebo etc, did not fair well in the wind and now you have an anoying bent or even broken pole! Do you throw the whole damn thing away? Many people do and that is where this tip comes in! We have now got 'Recycle centers', we used to call 'tips'. That is where all the damaged awnings, gazebos and tents end up!
Now do you see where I am coming from? I have picked up several sets of poles and even complete awnings etc. I keep them in my garage for spares and donate to charity when some one needs a bit! I usualy ask a fiver....Cheap way to repair!
So, my tip is ,The Tip.......Paol.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I remember when I used to go to the local tip with my Dad and we always came back with more than we'd thrown away! Recycling at it's best.

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
my local has a shop attached to it now ::bigsmile: :thumb:

on topic, the gazeebo, I can get spares from the maker, online :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Do you know what guys, not being rude or offensive in any way but I think I can find better and healthier things to do than root around the local tip.

Jim
:Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do you know what guys, not being rude or offensive in any way but I think I can find better and healthier things to do than root around the local tip.

Jim

Not at all. I regularly take Jill up to our local site at Haverton Hill when I have a clear out. Not too often though, I don't want to spoil her with too many treats :roflmto:

Actually I don't make her root round the stuff there - but she does help me unload the car :roflmto:

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
overpicking would be nice as iv seen many good items thrown away but.....scarborough council have posted notices saying overpicking is strictly not allowed under any circumstances.

its supposed to be a recycling center but 99% of the stuff ends up in landfill. :Eeek:

no logic as usual.:Angry:

OP
OP
L

LaughingHeart

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Southampton uk
Funster No
MH
Pop Top
Exp
Too many to mention

Jim

There aint no rootin' Jim, Everthing saleable is displayed. Bit like an old time junk shop. You drive in put what you want by your vehicle and toot your horn when ready to pay. ...........A 'rootin', tootin' tip!...........Ouch!!.......I will close the door behind me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back