Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Guys

I have a problem that is really bugging me and your help is needed.

I have an Autocruise Starblazer 2005. Recently I was having problems with a faulty electrical item and the fuses kept blowing.

Now normally this is a simple take off fuse holder cap, take out blown fuse, replace fuse, put fuse holder cap back on. BINGO!!

No such joy. The fuses need jiggling about until they catch the bayonet fitting which takes ages, the fuse caps need to be taken off with a screwdriver and break easily and you have to make sure they don't pop out when moved aaagghhhh!!! (See pictures)

It is soul destroying when you see other peoples vans electrics with nice screw fitting fuse holders that are easily available and cheap to buy.

Autocruise in their wisdom fitted non standard fuse holders and to buy replacement caps is near enough impossible.
They are apparently from an American company SCHURTER part number 0031.1661

Thought I would buy 10 then have some in reserve, but before I commit myself to paying an arm and a leg, I thought you guys might be able to help first.

Has anyone had this experience before and where did you get the parts from?
Ebay sell some £30 for 10.
They are cheap and easy to get hold of if you live in USA 78 cents cheapest but they don't do international shipping.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Schurter-0031.1661-image.jpg
20140901_021052.jpg

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I bought these for my autocruise but ended up selling it before fitting them.
CA_09011407525203-L.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This is a great site for all things automotive electric.. especially for cable, fuses and connectors..
they have a fuse holder that may do the job ..
Broken Link Removed
Panel mounted. Takes 30-32mm glass fuse, held within removeable cap.
Fits 14.5mm dia panel hole. Overall length 58mm.
Ref: 59150. £4.25 each

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Maplins have at least 3 similar. I would call in store
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
gazza280

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Unfortunately I have tried these solutions. Most have screw fittings mine are bayonet.
I don't want to go through the process of taking apart my power distribution unit and changing all the fuse holders, as I only need the caps.

That was what I did at the start but found getting the charger board out of the distribution panel impossible, so I thought just buy the caps.
Seems a reasonable solution but what I didn't realize was how difficult it would be.

I even thought about buying a new distribution unit but that just seems extreme and expensive, and I know nothing about van electrics so I would have to get someone to fit it.

I did find a CZ site that can sell me 25 bayonet caps for £30 so I might as well bite the bullet and buy 25, well at least I know I'll never have need to search for another fuseholder cap.

Thanks everyone

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I did find a CZ site that can sell me 25 bayonet caps for £30 so I might as well bite the bullet and buy 25, well at least I know I'll never have need to search for another fuseholder cap.

Thanks everyone

you could corner the UK market with that lot.. :LOL:

flog some on to ebay at £5 a pop (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back