Broadstairs! (1 Viewer)

Wurn

Free Member
May 25, 2009
Essex
Funster No
HI,I need to stay close to Broadstairs next August for a couple of nights,any recommendations or suggestions please?
Cheers Paul.

Sep 13, 2009
Funster No
Broadstairs

Hi

Have a look at this link.

Motorhome Friendly and Unfriendly Parking - Kent

Broadstairs
Parking is OK at the car park at the end of Vere Road (just off the A255) - no height restriction but I think that you have to pay the HGV rate of £6.00 for 4 hours. (Thanks very much to LM for this information, received 18 August 2008).

We went to this car park a few weeks ago. It was off Peak, and we paid £1.70 (I think) for 24 hours, the only problem was that the 24 hour period ends at 7.00am!

The car park ground was gravel, but good access to the town.

We had a lovely time there, and the best fish and chips from the fish and chip inn, about 100 yds down from Vere Road on the right hand side.

Hope this helps

Nicholas

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
what about the important bit of information , what time does the parking warden come on duty in the morning ? I always ask a local who comes in to park late in the day , and they always know :roflmto:

personally I'm not up for leaving by 7am [ pun intended ]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wurn

Free Member
May 25, 2009
Essex
Funster No
Thanks for the info, but I am really after caravan sites that take touring vans in the area, although the car parking could be a viable alternative.
Cheers Paul.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi paul
There's nothing in broadstairs it's self unless you want to wildcamp.
If you do then the western esplanade is used regularly from seapoint road onwards away from the town or joss bay is a nice clifftop car park that's quiet midweek.
If it has to be a campsite then the nearest is at manston, though there is one in ramsgate but it's not all-that.
If you want anymore info pm me, i work in thanet.

regards...nige

stuboy7

Free Member
Jul 1, 2009
folkestone kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2nd year
broadstairs

hi paul, you may want to look up quex park its near manston about 6mls from broadstairs, if you dont mind a little journey lovely site in folkestone right on sea about 20mls away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back