Britz

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by motorhomewave, May 20, 2011.

1. motorhomewave

motorhomewave Funster

Just wondered if any of you had experience of renting either a motorhome or 4x4 from Britz , South Africa. We have in the past rented motorhomes from Bobos (Cape Town) but the 4x4 they offer, although probaby a better built machine is nearly twice the price of a Britz vehicle. Any thoughts welcome !

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

A friend of mine hired from Britz in australia, and had no complaints....only that the roof bunk was like being baked alive at night! lol!

I think they had a toyota van conversion. Britz also do landcruiser ones, which is probably the better bet for africa

3. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We hired a panel van in Australia. Ive got to agree with the poor feedback left for them on line. Check it out.
    It was cheaper than some , granted. But dirty and smelly too. Crumbs and rubbish in cupboards . Hair in sink and shower . We refused the first one.
    We took the second one and paid more for it too, as we were jet lagged and just wanted to get off.
    We made a stop at a supermarket and cleaned it , which made it more livable and stopped the foul smell coming up the plug holes.
    I wouldn't hire from the one in Britz in Adelaide again. Very slow turnaround with the paperwork etc too. It certainly went back to them cleaner when we had used it.:Doh: