Britt's birthday in Shepton Mallet (1 Viewer)

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
LCC_20100912_16_44_00.jpg

We just returned from a nice and sunny 14 days trip to England !!

This was the second time we visited England and like in 2009 we started with the meet in Shepton Mallet. We really enjoyed the meet in 2009 so our expectations we set very high for 2010........ and we were not disappointed !!!

We enjoyed seeing most of the people again we met in 2009 and had a great time with the ones who were present in 2010 and not in 2009.
It is a pity though that in just one weekend you cannot speak to everyone present

This year we were accompanied by one of our granddaughters (Britt) and she still remembers a lot of you.
She still talks about the magician she met and who made her a pink poodle of balloons.
Amanda is also well remembered because of her involvement and of course...... the flying dragon on the flagpole of her motorhome.
Lilly who played a lot with Giddy (Alan's dog, she really is a dog lover) Joy's dog because he could nt see, Bruno, (he is big isnt he grandma, even bigger than Giddy and Janos, sorry Kath Janos is the one name she quotes)

But most of all........The Funsters Choir.... singing Happy Birthday for her

Got this one on video tape :cry: Will try to find a way to upload this clip lateron. It would be a shame if not every funster could recognize and see the excelent singing quality !!!:ROFLMAO:

Showed the video tape to her parents and they were touched by the way everyone gave Britt attention and spoiled her :shout:

By the way, Martin, Ineke will have some more Dutch Black pudding with her the next time we will visit England, We will not take the raw herring with us, that was just a revenge for the haggis :Blush: But ShiftZZ, you can always sent us a PM if you want some :Smile:

Our thanks to everyone present at Shepton Mallet and of course to Roger who made it possible again

Paul and Ineke

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Please come back soon

It was a real pleasure to meet you all.

Alan and Lynda

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Got this one on video tape :cry: Will try to find a way to upload this clip lateron. It would be a shame if not every funster could recognize and see the excelent singing quality !!!:ROFLMAO:
Paul and Ineke

What a lovely picture, brought a smile to my face. Oh boy will that smile break a few boy's hearts in the not too distant future.

Your video, easy way is upload to YouTube. Then The Whole World can see :RollEyes: If you name it motorhonefun_shepton it gets the site mentioned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Something a little fishy here? Dutch Black Pudding indeed!!!

Paul, it was a pleasure, I may well take you up on the fish, it was one of the nicest thing that I have eaten in a long time...:thumb:

We look forward to meeting up with you again...:thumb:

ShiftZZ and the much better 1/2

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am glad you enjoyed the weekend, it was the best one yet and I did bring the sunshine as ordered. Britt is a joy to behold and your photo captures her perfectly for me. I hope we are as lucky with the weather next year, when of course you will not be limited to 2 weeks. I hope to arrange a meet for August in Devon when Frankie comes over so hopefully you will join us for that one first, hee hee.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi,
Enjoyed the Black pud but unfortunately missed the herring.

I used to go to Amsterdam quite a lot in my younger days, with my sons and their friends when they were in their teens and it was always a treat to get the herring sandwiches from the vans. I do remember being the only one who liked it though.:roflmto:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Paul, It was so lovely to meet the little one. Britt is a real darling and she captured everybody's heart..... No wonder you are so proud of her.

I look forward to the video ...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Westlife eat your heart out!!!!!

(for Britt X)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Super photo Paul and it was lovely to meet up with you all.
So happy that you enjoyed the company at Shepton,and I hope the rest of your tour was as good.Look forward to seeing more of you next year on your retirement.Take care till we meet again.:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
What a lovely picture of a lovely little girl! Britt was a real bit of fresh air ! i hope she liked the sweets (coming from Mr and Mrs ShiftZZ big box of Quality Street)

And thank you for the raw herring..... i just loved it , would have eaten kgs of it !!!:Blush:

Hope to see you next year!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
Onderweg

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Even Spielberg would be amazed !!

• Took me much longer than i expected :cry:
  • Had to learn a lot :Doh:
  • But finally made it :Blush:

The next time i will try to add english subtittles :ROFLMAO:

Made a little YouTube film of Britt's birthday at Shepton Mallet

Britt really enjoyed all her new grandma's and granddaddy's and still talks a lot about you all !!

The clip I made is a little less than 5 minutes, so if you want to..... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mWJd5rr4Ck&feature=mfu_in_order"]enjoy it[/ame]

Paul and Ineke

P.S. Yes Joy, Westlife can eat their heart out !!!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what a Joy to see, thank you Paul. it is a little bit of the holiday that Britt will never forget now.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh Paul... sooooooo beautiful.... How wonderful to watch and relive the special moments again. Thank you thank you thank you........ So precious, and so happy that day. Can't thank you enough. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: Please give Britt another big hug from me.. xxxxxxxxxxx

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Laneside

Awwww I bet it brought a lump into Joys throat----again :cry:

If it didn't it will certainly have given her a big :Smile: :Smile:

Alan and Lynda

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:roflmto:You are so right Alan and Lynda... big lump in my throat. Thought it was beautiful.:Blush:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou for sharing the clip with us, it was lovely to meet you, Amanda sends hugs and Kisses. She has told family members of Britt and that it was her birthday and how she had given Britt , a very special teddy, she can now show them the clip too. :Smile: look forward to seeing you in 2011

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back