Brittany ferry prices

Discussion in 'France' started by Howard H, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Howard H

Howard H Funster Life Member

Hi , just looking for a bit of advice I have been looking to book my ferry tickets for next June from Portsmouth to St marlo , I can get a price of about £580 should I book now or do the ferry company do special offers at say the caravan show or do they have flash sales or does the price go up nearer to the sail date. What do yo think?(y)

2. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    In my experience BF fares don't increase a lot and I have never heard of them doing 'flash sales'

A very good point when using BF is that they only take a £35 deposit at the time of booking, the balance is taken about 6 weeks prior to sailing. They are also very good about alterations, no charge if done on the internet but if there is a price difference on the amended crossing the difference has to be paid.

I will PM you a BF Club Voyage membership number that will get you 10% off the crossing but not accommodation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

As above in my experience. You should save a bit of money booking well ahead but not massively. However, I would suggest you do book as you might find you can't get on the boat you want if you leave it too late. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Howard H

Howard H Funster Life Member

Thanks Matamoros that's really kind of you and I really appreciate that . I wasn't looking for anybody to do that for me but I will certainly use it now I have it . Many thanks again (y)

• Like Like x 2