Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Oh my goodness.

I was about to subscribe but won't bother now after reading the last 2 posts.

Do you always search for the negative in people?

I have been motor homing for over 20 years and sadly your attitude reflects what I have begun to see over the past 5 to 10 years in many campsites.
:rofl:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Its a £100 to join and £120/year. You save up to 30% of the cost so you would be ahead on your first trip.

Up to 15% discount for associate which cost £65/year.

The savings would be roughly similar. As a member we also get a free breakfast :0)

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/club-voyage-travel-club/join

But I agree with what has been said earlier - don't pass your discount out to strangers - you really don't know what they are going to do with it.

The scheme does look good - especially for those that can do the trip regularly. Unfortunately, we could only do it once a year. It is still worthwhile if we had to get there quickly but it would be a large proportion of our travel costs and this year at least, we have more time than money.

Many thanks to those that have offered their code. I will keep them safe :)

Deleted User
Its a £100 to join and £120/year. You save up to 30% of the cost so you would be ahead on your first trip.

Up to 15% discount for associate which cost £65/year.

The savings would be roughly similar. As a member we also get a free breakfast :0)

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/club-voyage-travel-club/join

But I agree with what has been said earlier - don't pass your discount out to strangers - you really don't know what they are going to do with it.

Associate members get exactly the same benefits as the full member so if you have a friend or relative that could make use of club membership you could share the cost.

Spanish membership gives 15% discount off French routes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
The price for us including cabins was £1500 return. With the code, it was £1350. A good saving. If we were to do it by driving the return trip would cost approx. £300 in fuel, £200 in crossings and 5 days of driving. For us the drive is worth it as we tend to take 3 weeks but if we didn't have that much time, the ferry looks like an option.

It wouldn't quite work out like that as the 10% only applies to the travel costs so if the travel costs are £1200 then 10% would give you a saving of £120.......but join Club Voyage Spain for £220 and the discount becomes £360, a saving of £140 in the first year and £240 in subsequent years, and that's just one crossing a year.

As @BreweryDave says do the maths( I'm not American:))......and I've done it for you:)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It wouldn't quite work out like that as the 10% only applies to the travel costs so if the travel costs are £1200 then 10% would give you a saving of £120.......but join Club Voyage Spain for £220 and the discount becomes £360, a saving of £140 in the first year and £240 in subsequent years, and that's just one crossing a year.

As @BreweryDave says do the maths( I'm not American:))......and I've done it for you:)

I may have been rushing when I put the figures in but the first cost that I calculated based on 2 adults & 2 kids with a mh going in July and returning in August plus cabins each way came to just over £1500. When I repeated it with the code that I was sent, the price came down to £1350 ish - which seemed to give 10% off everything (travel & cabins).

The savings for Club Voyage Spain seems great but if we would be committed to maintaining membership each year, it wouldn't be so useful to us as we can only go once a year and we don't know where we will travel to each summer until we've seen what the weather is doing. Even now, we are not sure whether we will go to Asturias, Norway, Hungary or travel around the Alps.

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Oh my goodness.

I was about to subscribe but won't bother now after reading the last 2 posts.

Do you always search for the negative in people?

I have been motor homing for over 20 years and sadly your attitude reflects what I have begun to see over the past 5 to 10 years in many campsites.
Be fair mate..it wasn't very subtle..bit like starting a new job then eating all the biscuits in the canteen.You might need to have that chip on your shoulder surgically removed(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back