Brittany Ferries (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I am planning an early New Year trip to Spain and have started looking at crossings to Santander. Does anyone know how seriously Brittany Ferries apply their size rules? We are 6.2m long and for up to 6.5m they want £60 more than for 6m. Seems a lot to pay for 8"!

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Hi Tony_g, just sailed with Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth to Santanderfor the first time. I was the same just a couple of inches over but I was honest and declared it. I also declared that I had a bike rack on the back.. When the invoice was processed for payment I noticed that they had charged me an extra £10 for the bike rack.

I think as I passed through the book in office they would have noticed the bike rack if I had not declared it but at no time did anyone check my length, width of height. I would be tempted next time to just declare my bike rack but choose the cheaper length charge and for 2/4 inches I dont think they would mind or even notice, it is a risk I would be willing to take and just apologise if caught out and plead ignorance.
It may also be helpful for you to know if you are sailing early morning is that we intially parked up at Port Solent, fantastic spot with lots of different restaurant and parking facilities and then at 10.30 pm we drove to the port and parked up on the left and slept the night there and so no mad panic in the morning, we simply got up and moved into the waiting queues to board the ship.
Hope this is of help to you. Keep Smiling Nannyjan

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Spain

Hi Tony_g forgot to say I am on the Great Spanish meet and we are staying here in Zahora until May 2011. It is amazing place and if you travel down this far, deep southern spain, come and join us. The people here are amazing and have made me so welcome. Look at the thread headed let the fun begin and you will see some pictures of the fantastic site, beach etc. Keep smiling Nannyjan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi

At the booking booths they have yellow markings that show length. When we sailed in Sept we had already booked as a 15 meter unit (total length of our pickup and 5ver) the guy came out and walked along unit came back and said spot on.

Ant&Debs

OP
OP
tony_g
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Spain

Hi Tony_g forgot to say I am on the Great Spanish meet and we are staying here in Zahora until May 2011. It is amazing place and if you travel down this far, deep southern spain, come and join us. The people here are amazing and have made me so welcome. Look at the thread headed let the fun begin and you will see some pictures of the fantastic site, beach etc. Keep smiling Nannyjan

Blimey, I didn't realise you were all out there until May! If we do go ahead with our Spain plan, we'll definitely think about joining you. We're very new to all this and Spain would be our first European MH expedition. I've always fancied a trip to Tarifa.

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Spain

Blimey, I didn't realise you were all out there until May! If we do go ahead with our Spain plan, we'll definitely think about joining you. We're very new to all this and Spain would be our first European MH expedition. I've always fancied a trip to Tarifa.

Hi Tony_g, this was my first European trip and I have only had my motorhome for a few months. I could not have done this without Penelope Pitstop, aka marie and rex as they allowed me to follow them all the way to Zahora, they are real stars as they were so patient with me as I was quite apprehensive as I hadnt driven in Europe before. So if I can do so can you. Enjoy your travels and keep safe. We are all here to help each other so just ask if you need help or advice. Keep smiling ::bigsmile: Nannyjan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back