DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Brittany Ferries seem to have been fiddling with their schedules recently and are favouring Portsmouth over Plymouth for ferries to Spain. There used to be two ferries a week between Plymouth and Santander but when I came to book a trip in September I found they were running only one. The ferries I wanted going out in early September and returning mid-October were both booked up solid but there were vacancies if I shifted everything back a week and these are now booked.

There are three routes from Portsmouth: (This for September, other months may differ)

Portsmouth - Bilbao (two per week),

Portsmouth - Santander (two per week)

The economy Portsmouth - Santander (one per week)

So if like me you prefer to go from Plymouth you need to book well ahead I think.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are on the Plymouth boat this Sunday:thumb:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am still hoping to book on the 'LD Lines' ferry from Gijon but so far they do not seem to be taking any bookings for October. As you say that the Santander ferry is already fully booked for that time, I am getting a bit worried about my options.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We are on the Plymouth boat this Sunday:thumb:

And we're on the Plymouth boat - Pont Aven - three weeks on Sunday, at the end of the month. :thumb:

Mike

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are only taking the ferry one way.

Commodore cabin though:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Commodore for us too - both ways. :thumb:

Mike

They are nice aren't they?

I bring beer , wine and the coffee machine on board and the room is transformed into a comfortable bar/ cafe, complete with outside smoking area:thumb:

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Being a cheapskate I book the 4 berth cabin for the two of us. It means we have two beds on the floor so to speak - no climbing up a ladder for me which you have to in the basic cabins and they are only £15 to £20 more.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
They are nice aren't they?

I bring beer , wine and the coffee machine on board and the room is transformed into a comfortable bar/ cafe, complete with outside smoking area:thumb:

Ha Ha - good one Chris! :ROFLMAO:

In fact it will be our first time - so to speak.

We went to Roscoff and St Malo a few times - about 25 years ago when the kids were young - travelling Commodore class. But obviously not on the Pont Aven and no outside balcony in those days.

Have been to Spain once on the ferry, but again many years ago and that was with P&O.

So quite excited about this trip. :roflmto:

Mike

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
you 2 know how to rub it in.have fun.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apologies, but thanks for your good wishes. Definitely will try to have fun - provided there isn't a storm force 10, or worse, blowing. :whatthe:

Mike

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
We booked the Sunday 'economie' crossing fairly last minute for last Sunday to speed up our return from Morocco. We then got a text saying this crossing was cancelled for 'technical reasons'. They offered us the Monday boat, the Pont Aven instead of the smaller more basic Etretat AND gave us a 50% refund. Result! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ha Ha - good one Chris! :ROFLMAO:

In fact it will be our first time - so to speak.

We went to Roscoff and St Malo a few times - about 25 years ago when the kids were young - travelling Commodore class. But obviously not on the Pont Aven and no outside balcony in those days.

Have been to Spain once on the ferry, but again many years ago and that was with P&O.

So quite excited about this trip. :roflmto:

Mike

They are really nice on the Pont Aven. Like a hotel suite.

Continental breakfast brought to your room in the morning too:thumb:

The Comodore Lounge area is quite nice too if you get fed up with the room/ public areas.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
how the rich do live.i can only afford the paddle steamer.and then I get to turn a paddle.but I do get a free drink of water.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MrsM

Free Member
Sep 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Not so new at motorhoming now, but still learning!
Week on Tuesday for us!

Not long until we go now. Should of been beginning of the month, but we struggled to get a dog kennel on the Port Aven.

Husband went on it in February and had to be strapped in it was that rough!! We have the 4 berth booked for the same reason and I'm hoping husband will bring me a cuppa in bed!:thumb:

Anyone got a good recommendation for one night after we get off the ferry at Santander?

Muchas gratias:Cool:

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Try the free aire at Lierganes by the station. It's in the Vicarious book. Really nice little town not far from Santander.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back