Brittany Ferries - Pont Avon

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Augusta08, May 16, 2016.

1. Augusta08

Augusta08

Hi Funsters,

I hope nobody is booked on the Pont Avon to Santander this week, it's broken down with proppeller shalf problems . Currently in dock at Brest.

2. Charlie

Charlie Funster

Surely they will use another boat . I don't suppose there is any need for people to worry !

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JohnH

JohnH Funster

If you go to Twitter for Brittany Ferries you will see that there is no alternative at the moment as the Cap Finisterre is fully booked. If anyone is booked on the Pont Aven I would suggest they contact BF to see what arrangements (if any) are being made.

4. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

I don't think they actually have another boat and there are no crossings on the Pont Aven timetable at the moment.

I think from the postings I've seen on here the best they are offering is to book people on to different routes.

5. newmoontime1313

newmoontime1313 Funster

PONT A BACK IN SERVICE 26/5/16 I AM SAILING OUT 31/5/16 HOPEFULLY WILL BE OK BY THEN. LOTS OF UNHAPPY PEOPLE DRIVING THROUGH FRANCE NOW WHEN THEY SHOULD BE HAVING A NICE TIME GOING TO SPAIN:(

6. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

Back in Feb our UK to Spain crossing in the Pont Avon booked the previous year was suddenly cancelled text followed by email as the Pont Avon was in Poland having a £60,000,000 refit, phoned Brittany Ferried who managed to re-book us on the Cap Finisterre same date but later. :)(y) However a few days before that date received further text and email saying that crossing due to bad weather in the Bay of Biscay was cancelled :(.

Got compensation for the first cancellation (y) but nothing for the second no doubt the weather is a good get out clause?

7. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

A representative from Brittany Ferries was interviewed on BBC Radio Cornwall last week. He said that if anyone booked on the Santander crossing chose to take the Plymouth to Brittany crossing, the company would make compensation, including reimbursement for fuel used to make the trip from Brittany to Santander.
    Stef.

8. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Sorry guys, a typo. For Brittany please read Roscoff.
    Stef.