DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Those who use Brittany Ferries might be interested in their most recent newsletter. Intriguingly, the pet exercise area on the Pont Aven is now by the helipad which means the pooches will need to be taken down the steps, which could be fun at night.

Dear Member,

I'm sure you'll join me in welcoming Pont-Aven and Armorique back to the Brittany Ferries fleet. Their return at the end of March, represents the culmination of an €80m investment in our ships. As you will probably recall the lion's share of this investment has supported the development of green technology, exhaust emission scrubbers that cut both sulphur and particulates from funnel emissions. But we have also carried out some improvements to internal areas which I hope will make sailing with us an even more enjoyable experience.

Engineering challenge

Recently I visited the Astander shipyard in Santander, to see Armorique in the final stages of her work. Our technicians and engineers have done an excellent job in carrying out this incredibly complicated and intricate work within the parameters of our ships, with designs that have not impacted too heavily on the appearance and public spaces on the ship. Read more about our environmental upgrade programme here

Pet exercise area - Pont-Aven

Pont-Aven has been in dry-dock for three months. One of the changes that will affect some travellers relates to the pet exercise area. As a consequence of her new larger funnel design we have had to move the exercise area next to the helipad area on deck 9. Boundaries for walking dogs will be clearly signed and I would kindly ask all our pet owners to respect the areas where dogs are allowed and where they are not.

€4m improvements for Santander

Investment is not just taking place on board our ships. In the port of Santander €4m is being spent on improvements to the port itself. This includes the installation of a larger ramp, to assist with loading and unloading, a more accessible passenger gangway, new ship fenders and improved infrastructure around this area. Just 200 yards from the port we are looking forward to the opening of the new Centro Botín, the new arts centre designed by Renzo Piano who also designed the Shard in London and Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris. We expect this attraction to be a major draw for passengers when it finally opens early next year.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I would have thought with the collapse of oil prices that the ferry companies would have passed some savings on to their customers.

Reactions: DBK
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would have thought with the collapse of oil prices that the ferry companies would have passed some savings on to their customers.

or just be grateful they haven't passed on the 80 million euro investment :)

we cant have it all ways (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Should have been on the Pont Aven tomorrow from Santander but it's still in dry dock so either they have not paid the bill or the scrubbers have gone missing. On the Crap Finistere now on Thursday, weather looks okay though and we did get £290 back from them.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Lots more waffle then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
My problem with BF is they are so money grubbing they will park vehicles on the outside deck in the lashing sea rather than say they are at capacity. I noticed on my last trip they had parked vehicles on the outside deck even though they still had internal capacity. Too bad for the owners that got an unecessary sea salt washing on their vehicles!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back