Brittany Ferries measuring vehicles. (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Our motorhome is a fraction over 6m, and the bike trailer is a little under 4m. The whole rig comes in at just under 10m. So when booking, I'd declare the total 10m length and 3m height so we don't knock anything off the roof. (If I declare the correct lengths individually, I'll be charged quite a bit more for an 11m total).

What would you declare?
I'm sure with most carriers the towing vehicle and trailer should be shown separately, especially if they are now looking to charge for anything not declared on booking.

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
I'm sure with most carriers the towing vehicle and trailer should be shown separately, especially if they are now looking to charge for anything not declared on booking.
That's exactly what I mean - there is no overall length on the booking pages, thereby ensuring that, if you're totally honest and put the vehicle length and trailer length in separately, we'd be charged for an extra metre which we're not taking up on the boat!:Angry:

Deleted User
Our motorhome is a fraction over 6m, and the bike trailer is a little under 4m. The whole rig comes in at just under 10m. So when booking, I'd declare the total 10m length and 3m height so we don't knock anything off the roof. (If I declare the correct lengths individually, I'll be charged quite a bit more for an 11m total).

What would you declare?

I have always done exactly the same, the overall length is what I always base bookings on. I have a fifth wheel trailer which measures 8.5m, the pickup measures slightly over 5m, because of the overlap the total length is just under 13m. I book the pickup as 5m and car height, the trailer as 8m and 3.5m height. I would certainly argue my case strenuosly if asked to pay more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back