Brittant Ferries Website

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by billkce, Oct 9, 2011.

1. billkce

billkce Funster

Just to relate my experience of trying to book ferries from Santander & into Bilbao yesterday, on the internet from Spain.

Incidentally, I had got a quote for one way bacxk in August for approx £350 including member discount.

Logged on yesterday & fare had risen to £450! Quite a hike.:shout:

So I thought I'd better book PDQ before the price got out of control. Checked timings/dates etc & logged off to check with Carole that she was happy with everything. Logged back on & the total return fare had jumped from £904 to £914 - in 2 hours! ( £1234 not including discount)

So I booked & then sent off an e-mail to customer services to ask for an explanation. They e-mailed back & suggested that I cancelled the return leg & rebooked 2 singles & that would be cheaper.

Tried that & price rose to £946!:Eeek:

E-mailed them again & the lady rang me to explain that their website had known glitches since their price review earlier in the year. However, all's well that ends well. She reduced the fare to £844 to compensate for faff.:thumb:

However that is still a fair old rise from approx £700 in August.

So, beware the website. Dont accept quotes which seem unfair or odd. Ring them up.

Hope this info helps.

Billkce

• Like Like x 2
  2. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Thanks for letting us know as I was doing a comparison price wise... road v Santander for the march meet last week and the prices kept changing for me and as I tend to print out the the diff price checks so when/if I book I have the info to hand so knew that I had re-typed in the correct info

3. dogmanlpool

dogmanlpool Read Only Funster

MARCH MEET ???? i bet there will be plenty of booze if your traveling there hahaha :Rofl1::Rofl1: dogmanlpool

4. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Fuel prices Europe

Just a little bit of help for those snowbirds heading south for the winter on fuel prices, every little helps, Prices are from the 4/10/11 and are in Euros.

Petrol Diesel

France 1.48 1.30
    Spain 1.33 1.25
    Portugal 1.50 1.35
    Luxembourg 1.32 1.18
    Belgium 1.44 1.30
    UK 1.58 1.62

Hope this helps everyone whos travelling, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken