Britstop (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We did our first Britstop at the weekend and we have to say what a brilliant choice we made. 422 is a canalside pub with a Landlord and Landlady who are Motorhomers themselves. As we pulled into the carpark we we met and they suggested that we wait for a couple of minutes whilst they moved a car then we could pull in forwards and be right next to the canal bank. We ended up with a picnic table just outside the door which we took advantage of for most of Saturday afternoon. The dogs had a whale of a time with walks along the canal bank, meeting ducks and “boaters” with their dogs. The food in the pub was excellent and the portions huge, the staff and locals friendly. This is a pub that deserves to succeed. As a little extra Simon and Kelly own a second motorhome, Autotrail Apache which they rent at a very reasonable rate so if you have friends who are considering the lifestyle get them to hire, have a night at this gem before moving on.

Thanks to all at 422 and also to the couple in the Rapido. It was lovely meeting you too.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Excellent, I'm a big fan of BritStops, only my book is in the motorhome and now I need to know where 422 is exactly and what the good book says:)

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
I can't tell you that or I'd have to kill you lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I know we don't give out the finer details or that negates having BritStops, but a general region until I look at the weekend......pretty pleeeeeeease :)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Fortunately I have mine right beside me . It's in Warwickshire. Don't think that's giving anything away.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I know we don't give out the finer details or that negates having BritStops, but a general region until I look at the weekend......pretty pleeeeeeease :)

North of Rugby in Warwickshire, just off the M6 (y)

As @ChrisSue said the landlord and landlady are motorhomers themselves and are also big fans of Britstops.

It's a great stopover. The pub serves good food and good beer, Simon and Kelly are brilliant people, the locals are friendly and as the pub is set up as a service point for boaters there are even facilities available should you need them - water, waste, toilets, even a bathroom and laundry.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
There are some. lovely canalside BritStops - we stayed at 604 last year, not far off the M6. It doesn't have all those facilities but very pleasant and quiet.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
By the way, for anybody who hasn't found it yet - there's a BritStops "Group" on the forum (sorry, can't copy-and-paste links on my tablet) so that all reviews are together and easilly found

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Ah thanks @CWH I didn't know that.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
By the way, for anybody who hasn't found it yet - there's a BritStops "Group" on the forum (sorry, can't copy-and-paste links on my tablet) so that all reviews are together and easilly found
Here:

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
The way to do it on your tablet is first go to the page you want to create a link to. At the top it will say 'www.motorhomefun.co.uk' press and hold it and it will change to the actual url that you require with options of what can be done with it, including 'copy' which copies it to your clipboard.

Wyn

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The way to do it on your tablet is first go to the page you want to create a link to. At the top it will say 'www.motorhomefun.co.uk' press and hold it and it will change to the actual url that you require with options of what can be done with it, including 'copy' which copies it to your clipboard.

Wyn
I can do that with stuff not in the url box, but when I press on the url I don't get a copy option for some reason.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I can do that with stuff not in the url box, but when I press on the url I don't get a copy option for some reason.
Hmmm.... now that's got me stumped. It works fine on my Android pads, in addition one of them has a 'share' option which includes the 'copy to clipboard' option. I tried it on Jean's Ipad and the only thing that came up was the 'copy' option. There does not seem to be any other option and no way to actually view the clipboard contents! However I can't imagine why it should not be available to you. Do you have the option to disable/enable your clipboard?

Wyn

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know this sounds daft, you have probably done numerous times but if you are talking about an iPad, have you tried switching it off and on again, also I find you have to highlight it all by going to select all then tap on it and copy comes up.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
There are some. lovely canalside BritStops - we stayed at 604 last year, not far off the M6. It doesn't have all those facilities but very pleasant and quiet.
Does the book list canalside Britstops separately? We love canals and that would make the book worth buying for us.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
If you like canals

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hmmm.... now that's got me stumped. It works fine on my Android pads, in addition one of them has a 'share' option which includes the 'copy to clipboard' option. I tried it on Jean's Ipad and the only thing that came up was the 'copy' option. There does not seem to be any other option and no way to actually view the clipboard contents! However I can't imagine why it should not be available to you. Do you have the option to disable/enable your clipboard?

Wyn
Don't think so, I've only recently inherited it. But it works on other things, like copying my quizzz results.
I'll just keep persevering, I expect it's probably my finger needs re-charging.
I know this sounds daft, you have probably done numerous times but if you are talking about an iPad, have you tried switching it off and on again, also I find you have to highlight it all by going to select all then tap on it and copy comes up.
No it's not an iPad, but a good thought, thanks.
Does the book list canalside Britstops separately? We love canals and that would make the book worth buying for us.
As @NickNic says...
Maybe you could start a discussion in the Group asking for Funsters to list any canalside Stops they come across, either visited or just found while browsing the book? Could set a precedent for themed discussions?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

As @NickNic says...
Maybe you could start a discussion in the Group asking for Funsters to list any canalside Stops they come across, either visited or just found while browsing the book? Could set a precedent for themed discussions?

The Facebook Review/Discussion Group would be a good place to ask as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back