British Red Cross first aid app (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If a friend or family member was having a heart attack or was choking, would you know how to help them?
The free app features simple, easy advice on 18 everyday first aid scenarios, as well as tips on how to prepare for emergencies, from severe winter weather to road traffic accidents.
With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice, it’s never been easier to learn first aid.
The information you need is all hosted on the app itself, meaning no internet connection is needed, making it fast and easy to access. Best of all, it’s free. Get this essential app on your smartphone now.

One of the more useful apps.. :thumb:

Link Removed

Available for Android, Blackberry and Apple.

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Yes I would. But no point in knowing what to do if it is me that needs help. Part of t he reason I became a First Aid Trainer and volunteer Heartstart Instructor. The more we can do to promote first aid and CPR the better. Not going to go on a rant about how it should be taught at school. I do try to practice what I preach. Myself and several other first aiders I know gave a day up last week to go to a primary school and train Heart Start to 63 pupils and some basic first aid to another 170 ish. Excellent app. Just think , if you take ill you might be able to hand your phone to someone and they could help you.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
I have the St. John ambulance app as recommended on my last F/A refresher. Easy drop down menu to use. Peter.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have the St. John ambulance app as recommended on my last F/A refresher. Easy drop down menu to use. Peter.

Had a look and downloaded to compare.. :thumb:

It's very similar to the Red Cross app but without the instructional videos which makes it a smaller app at 9.26 mb, while the Red Cross is 26.26 mb ,

A better choice if you want to conserve storage space.

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Popcorn

If ever you needed an incentive to train for basic first aid then go to youtube and search Popcorn. I will warn you itis not for the faint hearted but it really brings home to you how people with basic training can help, everyone that I have mentioned it too has commented on it. Peter.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back