Brit Stops (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Great idea.. I'm sure it suits many who enjoy pub meals and a couple of drinks..

but too expensive for us.. 3 meals / snacks and drinks ... £30 ??

I agree with your pricing logic Jim, but from the web site photos, all said to be taken by users on 'real' sites, these are not all pubs, I have literally just ordered my book so have not seen it to confirm, but I expect other options to pubs, but I also don't really mind £30 for a meal, CL plus buy your own food, plus a drink, probably going to be minimum £20 a night anyway :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/britstops/

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Yep, the pics on our gallery have all been taken by Britstoppers at Brit Stops venues over the last couple of years, and sent in for our monthly photo competition.

About 60% of the hosts are pubs (mainly village-based or rural), most of the rest are farm shops, with half a dozen vineyards, a few restaurants/cafes, some visitor centres and a range of "one-offs" like an airfield, a llama park and a museum of magic (!).

Steve :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
@Puddleduck Correct , it is an alternative.. like an expensive site is an alternative.. or parking on the street.. or an aire..

In the UK my choice is a CL.. or indeed a site.. abroad we use a mix of Aires and municipal sites ..

we don't drink and rarely eat out, so it's an 'each to their own' answer.. no right or wrong.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
@Puddleduck Correct , it is an alternative.. like an expensive site is an alternative.. or parking on the street.. or an aire..
In the UK my choice is a CL.. or indeed a site.. abroad we use a mix of Aires and municipal sites ..
we don't drink and rarely eat out, so it's an 'each to their own' answer.. no right or wrong.

Indeed! We use camp sites, aires and wild camp occasionally. Depends on the circumstances. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Brit Stops isn't a crusade! If it works for some, great. I'm sure it won't adversely affect your motorhoming fun if you don't use Brit Stops!

I'm afraid there's no Funster discount though - sorry! :(

Steve :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

I like CLs and CSs as well. We also rarely eat out so to be able to stop beside where we are eating and not have to have a long drive back is a real treat for us - something not possible at home. We don't do it often so it's special. We also need EHU if we are staying for more than a night.

We have found a number of sites now only take bookings for two or more nights so when en-route the BritStop network can work out well.

As you (sort of) said, each to their own. Glad there is something that suits most of us :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Mine arrived this morning,,,hope to be using it very soon. BUSBY.

Deleted User
We were able to collect ours from Birmingham, as after ordering arranged to go on Fun rally and wouldn't have got book in time, thanks for letting us collect, it looks great and we will be using it on our return to UK later in the year :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Great idea.. I'm sure it suits many who enjoy pub meals and a couple of drinks..

but too expensive for us.. 3 meals / snacks and drinks ... £30 ??

A CL or even a site can be a lot cheaper..

and yes I am aware you are not compelled to buy anything... but if too many do that they would soon stop the 'free' parking..

I would rather they just charged say a fiver, refundable at the bar .. do any do that ?
Couldn't agree more, wasn't going to comment as everyone seemed to be bulling it up, we had it two years ago , cost us a fortune in bars

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Couldn't agree more, wasn't going to comment as everyone seemed to be bulling it up, we had it two years ago , cost us a fortune in bars

never be afraid to swim against the tide of human opinion .. ;)

I do it quite often.. and get swept away :LOL:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Just ordered my 2015 copy. We find brit stops great for 1 night stopovers on the way to places further from home so we can break up the journey. We use farm shops too for the same reason and buy fresh produce for our hols whilst there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back