Brit Stops Book 2016 - Any Farm Shops Or Just Pubs? (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As lots of you will probably have your new Brit Stops book from their stand at the NEC Show please can you advise if this year there are many farm shops & other similar stops or is it still mostly pubs? We love the idea & did buy the book a few years ago but never used it as either no stops in the areas that we were visiting or pubs that we didn't want to eat at or were out of our budget. Know that a lot of pubs will allow overnight stays anyway if we have a meal but when touring a pub meal every night isn't viable! We initially bought the book as it advertised farm stops so ideal to buy a few affordable treats & top up our food stocks in return for a quiet place to park (y) but found that there weren't many. Don't want to pay out for the book & not use it again...

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
My nephew's pub is a Britstop. He doesn't expect people to buy a meal at his pub, but is more than happy when they do. If you don't want to eat, you can go in for a drink at least to show your appreciation for a free overnight stop?

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
You are under no obligation to spend money with your host - although I would think they would welcome that you do.

There are farm shops and other places apart from pubs but probably more pubs than anything.

I have bought Brit Stops for the first time this year.

ETA it could be cheaper to spend a little with your host than to go onto an "official" site.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Steve @BritStops is a member of Fun so he is probably the best one to answer your question, we have joined for the first time this year and are very pleased with the selection on offer. :)

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
We've just got the book again after a few years of not using the scheme and I was surprised to see how many farm shops appeared in there all over the country so many that one of our trips will be checking them all out if we can.

There are a few vineyards in as well so will definitely be trying them too.

Liz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back