Brit stop ? Worth joining? France passion? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Maybe they will eventually but although I'm into kindle and other on line technology, I like the printed form. It's easy and that's why I prefer All the Aires rather than the on line camper thingys.
Thats interesting, I never use a map
Seldom use books (struggle with reading)
I can understand that some people don't trust online technology, but as time goes by I guess that more and more people will move away from books to apps.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I can understand that some people don't trust online technology, but as time goes by I guess that more and more people will move away from books to apps.
I suppose in time. I don't use maps generally per se as I use my sat nav basically because it's generally very accurate and I could always guarantee that the place I want is on the creases.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I suppose in time. I don't use maps generally per se as I use my sat nav basically because it's generally very accurate and I could always guarantee that the place I want is on the creases.
That's exactly my point
You don't use paper maps
Why use paper guides ?
Online is much better, totally up to date, and users can add reviews too
Sharing is caring

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Your point being? I could hardly reply or start conversations without being on line as far as the site is concerned
But if you prefer pen and paper why not write to me ?

Mr C
In Portugal somewhere
Moving tomorrow
Maybe Spain

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I do! ::bigsmile: Told you I was living in the 15th Century :happy:
There weren't any maps in the 15th century
The world was flat and there were serpents in Skegness

Nothing changes !

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
That's exactly my point
You don't use paper maps
Why use paper guides ?
Online is much better, totally up to date, and users can add reviews too
Sharing is caring
That's YOUR opinion. I do use a sat nav. I do use kindle for convenience. I use e mail. I occasionally buy on line. That, strangely enough is my choice. It's also my choice that I prefer Brit Stops as a paper reference book. If it goes on line, then it does but I'd prefer the paper version as I prefer All the Aires on paper.
There are alternatives and on line Brit Stops is not something that I would like.
It all comes down to personal choice rather than trying to suggest that because I'm on line particularly on this site then I should want on line Brit Stops.
Helloooooooooo. My choice. I don't want an on line version. You might. That's fine and in time, they might cater for you.
Incidentally, are you currently subscribing to Brit Stops?

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
There weren't any maps in the 15th century
The world was flat and there were serpents in Skegness

Nothing changes !
Here be dragons.....
greensmilies-008.gif

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Anyway, Britstops have said they won't be going online in the foreseeable, so lets all kiss & make up eh? :*

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
But if you prefer pen and paper why not write to me ?

Mr C
In Portugal somewhere
Moving tomorrow
Maybe Spain
Did I even mention a pen? I think you seriously need to read a post before you reply.
It's my choice. Bugger it, if you didn't read it in the previous post, you won't read it in this one.
images_3.jpg

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Incidentally, are you currently subscribing to Brit Stops?
I have the 2016 version of Btitstops and France Passion and Fatore Amico, and the Spanish version (sorry can't remember the name)
I love the concept of Britstops, I just prefer to use apps to books,

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Did I even mention a pen? I think you seriously need to read a post before you reply.
It's my choice. Bugger it, if you didn't read it in the previous post, you won't read it in this one. View attachment 128488
Sorry, I have dyslexia
Hate reading and looking things up
Don't underestimate me though !

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I have the 2016 version of Btitstops and France Passion and Fatore Amico, and the Spanish version (sorry can't remember the name)
I love the concept of Britstops, I just prefer to use apps to books,
Unfortunately, at present you don't have a choice but maybe in time you will. Anyway, if you're over on the iberian peninsula, then it wouldn't really matter which version is available. I may consider an app if available but weirdly, I prefer, in this particular area, to have a book or books.
Probably your a Techno geek so why not contact Brit Stops and suggest you'll do the app?

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry, I have dyslexia
So do I.
Actually it seems more selective reading rather than dyslexia but if that's one of your symptoms then fair enough. I've repeated.
Nowhere in any of my threads or replies have I EVER suggested that I would underestimate anyone, EVER.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you all some really good points and tips. Husband and myself gave our notices today! Gulp! It's going to happen now. Hope to meet some of you some day.

Regards Sharon
Good luck Sharon and Mark,
We joined Britstops this year and found it great, stayed at some interesting places, even planned a short 'tour' around Britstops.
There's a really Britstops handy pub within 20min drive of The Tunnel - Flying Horse? Great for a stayover the night before an early tunnel crossing, good beer and food. We used it last week.
France Passion is also good. Both worth the money to buy the book.
Happy Travels,
John and Diane

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark and sharon

mark and sharon

Free Member
Apr 10, 2015
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
Sun seeker
Exp
a newbie
Hi john and Diane

We shall try the flying horse! So looking forward to traveling. Thank you for the tip.

Regards Sharon

Reactions: CWH
Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi john and Diane

We shall try the flying horse! So looking forward to traveling. Thank you for the tip.

Regards Sharon
If you've never been to Canterbury and you fancy visiting, the ring and ride at Canterbury has a dedicated motorhome area and besides parking, you get chance to see Canterbury. The pub on the edge of the ring and ride area isn't bad either.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Of course, there'll always be opinions but that's all they are. Usually find the folk who don't like Brit Stops have never used them anyway. Most who have, join year after year

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Sharon and Mark
We too are relative newbies and have stayed at both Britstops and France Passion sites as members of both. All we can say is that we have positive experiences with both.
The FP sites were quite remote sites in Burgundy but charming. The farmers in both FP sites were very welcoming and there was no pressure at all to buy anything. N the second one we fully intended to buy a couple bottles of red wine made by the owner. As it happened, we arrived late on a Saturday afternoon and were the only motorhomers there. On the Sunday after a peaceful night, we found the farmer had gone away and was due back on the Monday. So we didn't get the chance to buy any wine.
The BS and FP books/memberships are quite pricey but a couple of stays and you've saved the cost. I recommend both.
As other posters have said, observing basic courtesy and spending a little, whilst strictly not required, sweetens the atmosphere for other homers. Where possible, even where we haven't bought anything, we make a point of saying thanks and goodbye to the owners. Enjoy yourselves.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I like a book. I like browsing (it's just not the same online).
I don't like using ICT and anyway don't always have access.

I quite like the book too. I think even given the choice I would still use the book in preference to yet another bloody app.

Book for me as well. I update the book from the website as and when I can.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Has Keiths pub stopovers in the resources section been mentioned? I often think this is so much overlooked. It's a great map and better still it's completely free.

Sorry not read all the thread

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
When will Britstops join the 21st Century and ditch the book in favour of a paper free online solution.
I love the concept but hate a book which is in accurate and outdated the minute it's printed
Save the planet and go online !
You speak for yourself,,,i like a book,,i like a map,,,am i sad? maybe but i can live off grid,,can navigate with the sun,,read a map and write a letter,lick a stamp and know where to post it,,,Dinosaur or survivor,,,,

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Sat Nav,,,,ok in cities,,can beat it any time cross country,,,BUSBY.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back