Brit Stop or the Like over New Year (1 Viewer)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We had planned to stop by a Canal near Swindon over the New Year, but just found out it will be closed to MH over nighters. :( Does anyone know of another good place to see the New Year in? Preferably a Canal / Riverside / non-pub type stop over - I would imagine many pubs will be too jammers. Roughly 2 ish hours from Fareham / South Coast area. To preserve the Brit Stop rules, just give me the Nos if you do know of one. ;) Wild Camping spots fully accepted too.(y)
We will be at Setthorns over Xmas, then Brit Stopping Tues - Fri, so would like a change for the New Year.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
If you have any luck let me know, we might be looking for somewhere for New Years Eve as well (y)

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
If you have any luck let me know, we might be looking for somewhere for New Years Eve as well (y)
Dave, It seems the Canal will be open for New Year after all. We were there a few weeks ago and spoke to the owner and she said they wouldn't be there but would leave the gate code. Not sure of the number, but I think it is 172 / 176 something around there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
How about checking out @keith 's pub map and wild camping map in the resource section?

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
How about checking out @keith 's pub map and wild camping map in the resource section?
Thanks Robert, but I was hoping for a non pub stop over as I will be Brit Stopping from 27th Dec to New Year and Keith's wild Camping site was checked out extensively, but didn't really show any more than I had seen already. Just hoping that I could get additional info and another point of view from someone who has used a spot.

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp