Bristolians, could you help? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sorry to hear your news but it's important to stay positive sure you ve heard it befor but it's true.
Good luck with your treatment and everything crossed for you(y)(y);)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just picked up on your thread, sorry I missed it first time around but I would not have space to have offered parking.
Really sorry to read that your prognosis not great, I can only wish you well in the next round of chemo. I hope that you do not have to travel up to BRI again but can stay closer to home.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Only just seen your thread ... so difficult to keep positive in those circumstances but there is always hope ... cancer can take you on such a yo yo experience. Sending much strength and respect to you and yours.

Have you asked if there are any trials you can be put on as these can have amazing results?

Hugs .. feeling very humble at the moment. Please, please keep us all updated as you will be in so many of our thoughts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So sorry to hear your recent news, our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you all for your best wishes, however, having had a follow up scan, the euphoria experience back in the summer has been kicked into touch. The beastly C has now proceeded to my liver and bones and a prognosis of 9-12 months has been predicted.
Hence van for sale, Christmas cruise cancelled 18 weeks of chemotherapy on the horizon.

I will offer my vendor sale here first once I am given a price by my local dealer.

So, watch this space!

Regards to all.
Really sorry to hear your news it must be such a shock after the good news in July. Don't be too hasty selling your van. My dad was diagnosed 10 years ago and he is still beating cancer. It's down to his attitude he wants to see the grandchildren married and hold his great grandchildren. He has his latest lumps removed in June and July but was well enough to come to France and Germany in August. Even this morning he was still over the yard! He's 72 and has had two retirement parties. All the best. Andrea. X

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Sorry to hear your latest news. Bl**** cancer.

Wishing you well with the chemo.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sorry to hear that news but can only agree with others in saying keep fighting & hopefully you will have a long while.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear, sorry to hear your unfortunate news. And all the harder after receiving such a good result in July.

Best wishes and hope the treatment will provide a much better outcome than predicted.

Mike

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Didn't see your original post but sorry to hear about the outcome of your recent tests. There's not much more we can say other than good luck, best wishes and keep fighting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I really don't know how to express my thanks to you all for the best wishes offered and the comfort that your comments have made to my thoughts at this time.
I have today told my daughter who was abroad last week. I think that was the worst thing I have ever said to her so you can guess the rest.

"Faint heart never won the fair lady" so it's time to suck it up and get on with it. Another consultant appointment next Thursday to annouce my decision on treatment or not.
But, just for now a glass of red.

Cheers to you all.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
How about giving the chemo a go, some people have less side effects than others, if it is awful then stop and at least you will have tried, that might maake it easier for you and your family to accept. If it's not too bad then it might give you longer with your family. I wish you luck whatever you decide. We are off to Spain in a couple of weeks but if you need help with transport to hospital appointments before that then PM me as I would appear to be on your doorstep!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I really don't know how to express my thanks to you all for the best wishes offered and the comfort that your comments have made to my thoughts at this time.
I have today told my daughter who was abroad last week. I think that was the worst thing I have ever said to her so you can guess the rest.

"Faint heart never won the fair lady" so it's time to suck it up and get on with it. Another consultant appointment next Thursday to annouce my decision on treatment or not.
But, just for now a glass of red.

Cheers to you all.
Enjoy the glass of red, we're just about to have one with you. As Joy said, it may be good to look at any trials, but whatever decision you make, be sure that we're all here thinking of you. As mentioned before, we are in Saltford which is in between Bath and Bristol - don't know if it will help, but the offer of parking is there if you need it. xx

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Great news for you having the opportunity to take part in a trial. As I understand they're quite hard to sometimes meet all the right criteria ( right cancer, right stage, among many others)
I, as I'm sure everyone else, will all be rooting for you.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
All the best wishes.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
All the best from me too. Hope all goes well with the treatment.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Still here ... still thinking of you and hoping all going well for you... such a scary time but hang on in there. x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back