Bristol Balloon Fiesta 2015, advice sought (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've been wanting to get to the Balloon Fiesta for some years but something always gets in the way so we want to start planning for next year to make sure we can get there.

We are members of both the MCC and C&CC and I understand that both run rallies for the event but that's all I do know. So, I am looking for advice as to which is the best to go with.

TIA.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Graham the MCC are just across the road, the CCC are about a mile away.

We enjoyed it when we went, and would like to go again, but will be with the CCC,the only club we are with now. Bob.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Graham, same as Bob & Jane, MCC excellent location, the show is brilliant when we were there was a vintage Bus Show in Bristol and the had buses running in, a show well worth doing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The ccc site did get flooded out a couple of years back so took up mc membership so I could camp up.great great festival and it's free.

Reactions: GJH

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Graham we have been with mcc for a number of years but they have moved to the bottom feild which they rent of the farmer . The farmer now does his own camping on the top field which is closer he does charge a few pounds more but we needed to be as close as we could for Amanda . I did have a word with the farmer last year about Fun he said to talk to him nearer the time . But for a few pounds more £10 it's worth just camping with the farmer you don't have to book but we did get there on the Wednesday . Can let you know more nearer the time Graham . .Kate x

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We went this year with MCC a touch quieter than the farmers field, as they had a lot of younger groups camping together the location could not be better.
S&D

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Web page states 6th to the 9th August, which is the weekend before Malvern show.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi guys me and Jo went this year with the CC.they set up a site in the school grounds right alongside the the main arena.great position to watch the early morning and the early evening asents.and its only a short walk to the arena to watch the night glow which is very impressive.we were lucky with the weather but i think it would be a different story if it was wet.but well worth a visit we loved it(y)
brian and jo

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We would be very interested in the farmers field or with funsters it sounds very good
Ambilkate told us about this show at shepton . Jan &mike.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Would love to go if there is a Funsters meet/rally. Not a member of MCC so next option would have to be CC. Funsters much preferred!!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Me too, would love to go, but not a member of CC or MCC... I like Jim's idea...

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We've been 3 times, great free event. Each time we've been lucky with the weather. prefer MCC as just across the road from the site, you will need wedges as field isn't particularly level in places, also last time there it was quite slippery on the long grass and some m/h couldn't get traction and needed help, we didn't have a problem.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
More Fun meets/rallies in South West sounds good to us(y):) Seems like quite a few Funsters in this area including ones that may not have rallied with Fun before.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
More Fun meets/rallies in South West sounds good to us(y):) Seems like quite a few Funsters in this area including ones that may not have rallied with Fun before.

The more Funsters who organise rallies throughout the country the more choice we get, always good when someone organises a new Fun rally, it is brilliant how well attended the new smaller meets are.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We have been going to Bristol Balloon rally with the MCC for years, when I start on the planner for each year, always gets pencilled in.
As said previously, the fields opposite the rally ground are not only the closest but in my opinion provide some of the best views. The balloons are still clustered and very low (some a little too low) when going over the site, so colourful, noisey and lots going on. To sit outside the van and watch the mass ascents each morning is just great, then wander over to the exhibition areas for the night glows and the fireworks on 2 nights - what entertainment and in best motorhome tradition, all for free.
The field conditions are unpredictable, typical August weather, either beautiful or waiting to be towed out, Avon MCC group normally have it all under control. The park and ride is only a short walk, easy to get into Bristol for the day, but beware, Saturday traffic can be horrendous, even for the buses.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Went there with MCC last year, good meet, balloons come right over you (weather permitting) twice a day. Best as has previously been said not to drive Saturday Sunday as traffic bad. Bus outside to Bristol. Well worth it.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The night glow is just stunning.
But I have known known there to be no balloons going up at all due to bad weather.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Balloon_373.jpg

My favourite balloon from a few years ago at Bristol, taken through the rooflight, I wondered who was looking in!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we discussed this as a possible bring the grand children meet while at pembrey bit to far away for us to oranise anyone closer ?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we always try to go to the one at billing aquadrome . but for last few years hardly any balloons have gone up. and hardly any balloons have turned up. and it is quite pricey to get in. so we will try to get to the one at bristol

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi guys me and Jo went this year with the CC.they set up a site in the school grounds right alongside the the main arena.great position to watch the early morning and the early evening asents.and its only a short walk to the arena to watch the night glow which is very impressive.we were lucky with the weather but i think it would be a different story if it was wet.but well worth a visit we loved it(y)
brian and jo
How did you book/arrange this please. Sounds really good for me with not walking well

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
This is an event I have always wanted to attend but work has usually got in the way, so if a funster rally was organised I would book.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back