Rally Chat Bristol Ballon Festival - Interest - Potential Rally. (1 Viewer)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Nobly if they go that way after take off. but when they do the mass launch yo see them from the golf course or the edge of the car park. We have picniced there before to watch the launch.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great idea for a Fun rally (y) We are interested but can't confirm or book that far in advance yet due to family committments.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sounds like a good venue Trikeman but for us sadly it would cause a problem for Amanda with her mobility problems especially at night getting back . I did put on a thread a few months back about the field that the farmer opens up for the general public to camp and where mcc are, this is my update so far , hope you dont mind me putting it on your thread .

As many of you know we have been attending this event for a number of years . I did speak with the farmer last year regarding Fun and a rally there . He asked me to talk to him nearer the time. I have now spoken to the farmer this afternoon , he does not want to have another rally group as he feels he already fills the field himself with paying campers, however he said that if people come early say the Wednesday they should be able to get to the top of the field by the road .. Due to the fact our daughter and her mobilty problems we have to be as close as possible to the event . We had always been with the mcc group but when they moved to the bottom field it just was not suitable for us. So we have been going in the general camping section . This is what we have done every year and not had a problem yes you are in with the general public section but again we have not had a problem . He does charge slightly more than MCC but in our case it is worth it . If enough of us turn up early we more or less should be together any way :)
The post code is BS41 9LU and is very easy to get to you can go ontoLink Removed and see there rally for it and the directions kind regards Kate xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
UPDATE (y)

Hi All,
Right - had a good meeting with Terry today and he cleared up some questions that have arisen from here.

Vlad's - Can dogs be taken on site? - Yes, no problems, but the usual applies, must be kept under control (livestock in adjacent fields) and they must be cleaned up after.

Size of pitch - The 6x6 meter pitch size on the website is a 'guide' "we have no problems with motorhomes and the getting together of rallies" - what they have had in the past is enormous tents being pitched that cover more than three pitches so they are actively discouraging this by the 6x6 'rule'.

Barbeques - No disposable barbeques to lay on the grass -up OK and standard ones OK.

Booking - As recommended last night, please put FUNSTER on the top of your form and he will ensure that he puts us together in a suitable place and reserve those spaces. On numbers, he said he would be flexible and as the booking forms come in then he will 'section' them to our spot and once they dry up OR others book until there is no more room then he will have to stop the bookings. They have a finite amount of space, but the quicker we get booked in, the more will be able to get in.
He did show me that since putting the update to their website the booking forms are literally rolling in - the old adage, book early to avoid disappointment - it's getting a highly regarded and well attended venue.

This year it appears that the Balloon Festival organisers are really pulling out the stops as far as stalls, entertainment and night glows are concerned so should be a great family occasion and the suspension bridge to Clifton is only a short walk from the site. Just a little further is the famous Bristol zoo.

I hope you can understand I am not able to take numbers and potential reservations for this event BUT once your bookings are acknowledged I will get the list off Terry and put on here as it builds so everyone knows what's happening - I am sure I can 'buckle' Terry's ear (he has cauliflower ones already) to get the best sites available.:LOL:

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi trikeman, may I suggest people also write their forum user name on the form as well, may help you with the list.

Damned good idea Mousy, Doh! - lets go for that, I will advise Terry of this update (anyone who has already posted theirs without their forum name I am sure I could sort by a 'who's this question' :rolleyes:).

Thanks Mousy.(y)

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We used to live in Chepstow and watched the excitement from the M4 on our way home some days and I'd love to put our names down, but it looks like we've sold our "Knobby" and I dare not book anything until I'm sure I have his replacement "Ruby".

That is a good looking list of attendees, have fun if I don't make it but I'll do my best.....Jackie and Griff

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks too good to miss so have sent off our booking form & cheque today :) Just got to keep fingers crossed now that this doesn't clash with family committments or running our son around for work experience this summer.
Should this be moved to the Rally section so it is clear that booking is now open on this? We could get a lot of Funsters coming filling up their spaces before anyone else does;)

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Us too....form & cheque posted
Fri-Sun
smiley_woot.gif

The fiesta has been on our list for years :)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
It'll give me another opportunity to try and see if I can actually manage to walk over Clifton Bridge :ROFLMAO: :eek:

If we all get in we will walk across 'en mass' with you Debs to hold your hand! (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If we all get in we will walk across 'en mass' with you Debs to hold your hand! (y)
Aw cheers Geraldine (y) Does that extend to dragging me kicking and screaming if I wuss out?:ROFLMAO:

We're at Baltic Wharf in a couple of weeks so I might have another go then if we have time :confused: :Eeek:
I'm determined to do it:)
(Even more so after reading about Mousy's exploits :ROFLMAO:)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Aw cheers Geraldine (y) Does that extend to dragging me kicking and screaming if I wuss out?:ROFLMAO:

We're at Baltic Wharf in a couple of weeks so I might have another go then if we have time :confused: :Eeek:
I'm determined to do it:)
(Even more so after reading about Mousy's exploits :ROFLMAO:)
Dragging can be done = we could all take an arm and a leg! Mousy's exploit's - I thought we had heard about most of them, but if there are any we have missed...........

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Form filled in and posted.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Way-hay! Seems to be taking off well......(y)

Terry agreed that as the Funster forms get processed he will give me the names and I will then get a list up on here of who is coming - I have badgered Terry for me to be on the 'allocation board' so I will try my best to get us the best place they have,,,,, a sort of 'insider dealing' - dare I mention such a thing.;)

It was interesting today as Terry said that if we ever wished to have a rally there, we could organise and he would leave us the keys,,,,, The bar would be manned by them though.:ROFLMAO:
Bristol is a lively city and there is always something going on there, SS Gt Britain, the tall ships extravaganza and some good dockside museums and eateries.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
It'll give me another opportunity to try and see if I can actually manage to walk over Clifton Bridge :ROFLMAO: :eek:

Ha, ha Debs,:laughing:
We once saw a family 'gingerly' walking across the bridge when the dad of the family slowed right down, then went down on one knee, then onto all fours, then laid down on his belly and refused to move - he was sweating like a wild thing, going woo, woo, every few seconds. At first people thought it was a little funny and thought any minute he would jump up shouting Ta, Da! - However the family started racing around in panic. The guy had a right height issue and went to bits....... :Eeek:

A few minutes after the paramedics were there, oxygen mask on the guy...... I really felt for him, he was still woo, wooing when they were trying to get him in the van.

Trikeman.:wink:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
and there was me thinking the balloons were going to be the spectacle

we have @Debs for the warm up :D

seriously though, how far is the bridge and Bristol from where we are parking?

looking forward to meeting some more new faces as well (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@cliffandger
I read Mousy's post earlier on Jim's 'One thing you should know about me thread.....' I think it was an old one that was resurrected, interesting reading but I've only scratched the surface of it (y)

@Trikeman
We love Bristol it's brill - so much going on but we've always stayed in a hotel before :) Our first visit was last Feb and it was blowing a gale and snowing. I wanted to walk over the bridge - I got halfway and just froze.....couldn't do it, it is so high and narrow :eek: It's bugged me ever since though that I chickened out :doh:
I have explained this previously to Geraldine as I associate her with Bristol but when I see her username it just reads Cliff! Danger! :LOL: :blush:

Think someone mentioned just a 10 minute walk to the bridge - gulp :Eeek:. We walked up there from the harbour where we were staying - it is hilly though and once down in the centre by the harbour there are lots of cobbles.

Yes, we're really looking forward to it, been wanting to do it for years when we saw the balloons once coming back up the M5 :)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

David,
the bridge is really not that far at all and a nice leisurely walk, especially if you cut through the Ashton Court estate. Pop in BS8 3TF to Google Maps and you will see the bridge to the right of the venue.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
David,
the bridge is really not that far at all and a nice leisurely walk, especially if you cut through the Ashton Court estate. Pop in BS8 3TF to Google Maps and you will see the bridge to the right of the venue.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)
Do you mean to the right??

That poor guy on the bridge - wonder if he's ever been back since :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread