Brilliant Club Care Motor Breakdown Service (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We hit a high speed bump in The Netherlands last Saturday near Haarlem so severely that the engine demounted. Sue, has MS and is wheel chair bound. We telephoned Club Care and they arranged for a local Dutch breakdown truck to attend us called Smits. Geoffrey, from Smits was so helpful, his big truck couldn't get past us as we were facing down a narrow lane. With help from local people he pushed us up the kerb and then loaded our trailer on to his flat bed truck and asked if Sue could climb in to his cab. As this was impossible she and I stayed in the Moho. He then reversed us 300 yards to the main road with myself guiding him back. I was so glad that I carry a warning triangle and a fluorescent jacket.
We arrived at the depot and this is where Club Care carried on their good work. It was Kings Day in Holland and they had a job in finding us a hotel room with a disability suite. Eventually a taxi was ordered and we were taken by taxi to Utrecht where we found a lovely room with an accessible shower. We spent 3 nights there and enjoyed the sights of Utrecht by tram and our wheel chair. We kept on receiving phone calls
from Call Assist at Club Care checking up on us. They were brilliant.
When the van was repaired, Club Care got us a taxi back to the depot where we collected the van and returned home yesterday and even then we were still receiving phone calls. Being without lifting and transfer equipment was a bit hard for us but we managed. I don't think we'll be going abroad to soon, but a huge thanks to Club Care for their care and skill.
I would recommend breakdown insurance to all Funsters. Martyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back