Brighton Maderia drive

Discussion in 'England' started by 1948, May 28, 2010.

1. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

searching via google earth Maderia Drive (by seafront in Brighton) looks like a good place to park overnight only, Does anyone knows the area and would I have any problems with my MH. any advise??

2. shardav

shardav Read Only Funster

its no problem at all we stayed there in march with a lorry and two other motorhomes just buy a ticket in the day time

3. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I wouldn't recommend it problems with boy racers tearing up & down, night clubs at eastern end, western end by the Marina quieter. Traffic wardens have no tolerance I think it's free 8 pm to 8 am stay a minute over you will get a ticket.

Seafont area of Brighton single yellow lines restrictions also include Sundays & Bank Holidays.

Brighton is very anti-car.

Motor homes do park up behind the King Alfred Swimming Pool on Hove seafront in Hove Street South about a mile west of Madeira Drive, pay & display during the day same traffic wardens patrol.

4. Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak Read Only Funster

Personally wouldn't recommend it, apart from boy racers as mentioned. Down and outs like to sleep under the coverways........canoodling couples in cars:Eeek:.......youngsters on beach after clubs close.

5. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

lenny
    on goole map the quiet end of Mderia drive appears to be the eastern end (away from Brighton pier ) Is this the area you meant (just want to be sure)
    thanks

6. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Sorry got my east's & west's crossed:Doh:

Dukes mound also goes up from Madeira drive don't want to be there at night if you are a straight male on your own.

Living just down the road, Brighton is the last place I would want to park a Motohome at night or day come to that.

7. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

lenny
    thanks for the infro looks like Hove st S a better bet if I do venture out to brightonentered the london/brighton cycle ride will have a look round then
    regards

8. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

We did the London Brighton Bike ride a couple of years ago, if you have not done it before go for an early start we made the mistake of a 9:00 start ,because of the volume of bikes took 3 hours to do the first 15 miles, took all day to complete. Start at 6:00 you can be in Brighton in under 5 hours.