Jul 29, 2015
Clacton Essex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie although i have been caravaning off and on since 1986
Hi All
We are travelling over to the Bridgewater carnival this year which is on Saturday 7th November.
We haven't been before but have been told its a fantastic display, lots going on during the day and worth a visit.

Has anyone been before and if so any suggestions and recommendations of where to stay?
I did read an older post from previous years regarding Morrison's Supermarket carpark.
Any suggestions on sites / travelling in to the carnival or tips would be great.
I have booked our seats in the grandstand to watch the procession, I just need somewhere to park our home now lol

Mark & Jan

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Clactonmark.

Have been several times (without van) . They say it is second only to the "Rio". Suggest you get there as early as you can, the carnival goes on for hours and hours, you will not get cold as the heat that comes from the bulbs on floats will keep you warm. Morrisons, not quite sure but I think you can stay in their CP for a donation to the carnival funds again I suggest you get there early, if you get into Morrisons you will have a ring side seat. There is a camp site just near Bridgwater (no e in Bridgwater!) but not sure of the name but will find out if you want. Might see you there.

colyboy

Dave from Wales

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Unity Farm in Brean runs a coach to the carnival, may be worth a look

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
there is a C&CC site within walking distance for the carnival,If you have no luck just to let you know the Carnival is on a circuit of certain towns.Locally to me the weston-s-mare carnival may be an option .
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/somerset/bridgwater/follettsfarm
http://www.bridgwatercarnival.org.uk/contacts-links/county-carnivals/
Well worth the effort but do take warm clothes and wet weather clothing as in my experience away from the floats it can get wet and cold.(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thinking of this one too.... have heard tremendous reports of it and a crowd of my friends are going. If I hear of a brilliant parking spec I will let you know. :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, We went several years ago , and stayed in Salisbury's car park for a donation to a charity. bit noisy till quite late but ok or so/so
the carnival is really good , take some warm clothes it gets v.cold , warms up a bit as the illuminated floats go by each one has what seems like a thousand light bulbs on. there's 2 types of float on where they dance / or preform on & the other is mostly stationary.
Well worth a trip to see. A friend of mine collected the sun tokens and stayed at brean sands & went to the carnival in his car.(cheap w/end)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We stayed on a camp site at burnham on sea, the carnival comes into town, you may be able to stay on morrisons car park, but as said get there early, not sure name of site but it was used solely by autosleeper club when we had one.
There is a small site by the marina along the sea front at burnham, will try and find out the name, has water and ehu.
Carnival is really good last for hours

OP
OP
Clactonmark

Clactonmark

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Clacton Essex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie although i have been caravaning off and on since 1986
Thanks for all the suggestions and tips, I managed to get booked into the C & CC site which is only a short walk to the Carnival in Bridgewater. Thats another weekend sorted.
Our program and seats in the grandstand arrived in the post today too.

Mark & Jan

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi you should try to get here friday evening gets very busy on saturday i live near where your staying know guy who owns it but perfect for carnival ,if you have any questions pm me regards steve, ps i live where they all line up.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
You will love the carnival, some of the floats would rival Rio. After the procession has finished make sure you make it to the centre of town for the "Squibbing" but watch out you don't get burned by the sparks. Lots of people leave as soon as the procession is over and miss the finale,

The Tinca's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back