Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Hi Everyone

Brian & Mo' here from Runcorn in Cheshire. We've been motorhoming for over 20 years and have had a series of vans. Our first was a Commer van which was called The Red Rocket ha ha

After that we had several Autosleeper vans such as the Symphony and the Talisman. I retired some 15 years ago and with the dosh from early rettirement we bought a Hymer B585 and then a Cheyenne 696G and then just a few weeks ago another 696G, a 2009 model.

We travel Europe a lot and have done for 10 years. Our hobby is metal detecting and we tend to do this as a hobby from the van. We mainly do beaches and in the sea. Some of you might have seen us in Spain and FRance.

We are away again soon and are currently researching Croatia as we plan to visit in mid April throughto mid May this year.

Great to meet you all

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good morning Brian & Mo, welcome to Fun, :welc:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Hi Brian and Mo and welcome to Fun ,We hav'nt seen you in Benicassim for the past couple of years since they landscaped the car park adj to the dried up riverbed ,do you still go there?
We just go to Benidorm now and have sold our 696 and bought a caravan with the intention of leaving it down there.
Alan & Julia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
HI Alan and Julia, great to hear from you, its been an age hasn't it. Yes, we still go down that way but have ventured further afield eg in 2013 we went to the Pellopponnese in Greece and this April we are going to Croatia.

Hope to catch you soon when we get down as far as Benidorm.

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class burstner aviano i
Exp
30 years
Hi Brian and mo not seen you in a while used to detect with you years ago with the Halifax my club we had motor homes and always had sheepdogs still have we saw you last with Lancashire Mcc group .we still have our detectors but not used them in a long while wouldn't mind getting back into it when I get over my hip replacement nice to hear from again regards alan/wanda

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi Brian and Mo, welcome to Motorhome fun, hope you enjoy Croatia, it`s a lovely country.

take care Rob and Chris. (y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello from us two too.

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Hi Brian and mo not seen you in a while used to detect with you years ago with the Halifax my club we had motor homes and always had sheepdogs still have we saw you last with Lancashire Mcc group .we still have our detectors but not used them in a long while wouldn't mind getting back into it when I get over my hip replacement nice to hear from again regards alan/wanda

Hi Alan and Wanda,

Great to hear from you guys. We still get around metal detecting but not so much on the land anymore but still do the surf. We are off to Croatia on Saturday and will be away for eight weeks. Hope we can meet up and see you sometime this year.

Get back into the detecting mate, you know you want to, especially with a new hip :)

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Hi Brian & Mo, welcome from the Isle of Wight,
any photos of the Red Rocket.

This is the best we can do at the moment, its only a graphic but it really did look like this :)

red rocket.gif

Aug 14, 2013
DĆ©partement 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Welcome to the Fun

I think I remember seeing the Red /rocket on TV some years back in the days when, I think, you were at WPS. If I am right, those initials will have folk pondering.

J

Victor72

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Wrexham, North Wales
Funster No
MH
caravan for now
Exp
Since 2002
Hello Brian and Mo, im also a newbie here. Im here doing research on which van to buy etc looking to purchase in Novemberish. Im just wondering do you know a Cyril Birch from your way, he's my Dad. Anyway enjoy and hope to see you around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back