Brian James MicroMax Smart Car Trailer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by camcondor, May 31, 2009.

1. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

I've listed our almost unused Brian James Micromax single axle trailer for sale in the classifieds - its got every optional extra from the factory and cost over £2000.
    Pics of the trailer with our Smart on board behind our Adria Vision are in the members album on the forum - I haven't got a new one to put on as its covered up under a tarpaulin.

Please PM for details.

Laurie

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

3. camcondor

Thanks John, I'm keen to find it a good home soon, not much point it standing about never used!!!

Laurie

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Such a shme Laurie, I have seen the trailer and can vouch for its Kit and condition:thumb:
    But why no prices in the adds
    There are 7 or 8 adds in a row,without an asking price or guide figure I for one wont even make the call if there is no such info
    many people have differing values and as mine is often less than the sellers I feel I might upset or insult them with any offer, when i see a figure being asked I am better able to weigh up if its of interest
    I feel items would sell far far quicker if a price is given
    Just my Honest opinion for what its worth:Blush:
    Geo

• Like Like x 4
  5. camcondor

I'm gutted about it, Geo, but Jen and I are not strong enough to manage the trailer safely on our 60-degree driveway and short of moving house, I can't think what else we could do. I tried a Mr. Shifta, but the driveway is too steep for it!!
    On a campsite and any relatively level ground, its a doddle to handle and really well balanced, but one of us has severe arthritis and the other one is no longer a Power Ranger-ess :Rofl1: :Rofl1:so its a complete nightmare on such a steep, narrow incline. Kept it as we wanted to travel to Europe, but will never go to Spain in the MH, so may try the A frame in France if feeling brave!! I paid over £2000 for it as its not a factory bog standard trailer, so offers around £1400 I would think. May even consider a part-ex of a car as my daily commuter car, an elderly Hyundai Sonata, is being troublesome :BigGrin:

6. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Has it got a jockey wheel? if so how about a small caravan motor mover?

7. camcondor

Tried that, John - bought a Mr Shifta for it, but the driveway incline is too steep for even the best power mover!! Mr. Shifta was very easily sold as tuggers seem to love 'em!!!

Laurie

8. gazznsam

gazznsam Read Only Funster

I could have sworn i replied to the PM about this, but it's showing as unreplied to in my inbox :Doh:

i am after a trailer for my smart, but untill i sell my motorbike and it's trailer(it's in the classifieds too), i can do nothing, as i hardly have £100 to my name, and that's got to last another week and a half.

Had someone who said they wanted it the other day, that's when i posted the wanted ad, then he goes and pulls out of the sale.
    maybe if i can sell the bike at stratford i can be in a position to buy a smart trailer soon.

9. camcondor

Hi Gazznsam, not had a PM from you yet but no matter:Smile: Hope you get sorted with the bike and the trailer is around for you. Its a lovely bit of kit, fully loaded with all the options - never seen another one with all the extras, probably because it pushes the price up to over £2K if you have them!! Let me know. There are pics in the members album with the Smart loaded up on it.

Laurie:Wink:

10. peony

peony Read Only Funster

micr max car trailer

Hi Camcondor
    just joined motorhome fun so haven't found my way around the site yet. we're urgently looking for a car trailer for a suzuki Alto.It's overall legth is 3.5 metres long and weight is 805 - 830kgs. Is yours still for sale & would it be suitable for us. Many thanks

11. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Errrr.. the trailer was up for sale some 2 and a half years ago !

12. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

13. pappajohn

John, it was a wanted ad, not a sale.....and yes Wed May 27, 2009

14. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Was it ? Now I am baffled ( agian !! )

The original post by Camcondor posted on the 31st of May says:

Then today Peony asks:

So where is the wanted bit and why canna I see anything previous to the 31st ? Is there another thread and I am being a total plonker ! ?

15. pappajohn

not as baffled as me John.....

I saw (what I thought was) John's (RR) reply to peony's post and thought it was a current thread.

only thing I can think is I'm on my fifth double bourbon and coke :Wink::Laughing:

but not as confused as Camconder will be when she opens her PM box to find the message i just sent her :Doh:

16. pappajohn

17. tofo

tofo Funster

just trying to helpfull is it possible to have a tow ball fitted to the front of the truck or smart

so it can be pushed up by the truck or smart obviously not so easy if there is a bend in the drive

18. LyndonRV

LyndonRV Read Only Funster

can you get a smart for4 brabus on the trailer :BigGrin:

19. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

You still got that thing then Lyndon ? Bought time you bought a PROPER Smart car aint it ? :Wink:

20. camcondor

Hi all, got this odd message from Pappajohn in my PM box ......then came for a look. Nothing like digging up old posts for a bit of confusion :Laughing:

Trailer found a good home - our driveway was impossible to manage it. Still have the Smart and the Adria, though, not much use in recent years but hoping for a change soon!!!! :Smile::Smile: