Sep 13, 2010
Aberdeen Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
Two weeks.
Hi Folks,
Just joined up having bought my motorhome two weeks ago.
It's a 2.8 TD Merc 321 sprinter driving a Compass Commodore 4 berth home circa 1998. Me and my missus are new to this game so would be gratefull for any info on this type of van. Hope I made the right decision to buy as it is in very good nick inside and out and we paid 17k.Couldn't get the seller to come down at all and we do live in Aberdeen so things tend to be that bit more expensive The motor has done 66k miles. Please let me know your opinion.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi & wecome to the forum ::bigsmile:
No doubt others with experience of your desired model will be along to advise :thumb:
flyingwelcome

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Brian & Marlene :welcome: to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

happycampers

Free Member
Sep 9, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
None but working on it
Hi to you and welcome to the fun, we are also very new to this, but they are a great bunch of people on here. :thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Folks,
It's a 2.8 TD Merc 321 sprinter driving a Compass Commodore 4 berth home circa 1998. Me and my missus are new to this game so would be gratefull for any info on this type of van. Hope I made the right decision to buy as it is in very good nick inside and out and we paid 17k.Couldn't get the seller to come down at all and we do live in Aberdeen so things tend to be that bit more expensive The motor has done 66k miles. Please let me know your opinion.

Cant tell you if you got a bargain or not. But can welcome you to MHF . Hope you have many happy trips in your new motorhome:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
and welcome from us

Hope you enjoy belonging to this forum

good luck with your purchase and enjoy it.

Bob, Sue & Ezzie ... the other end of the UK to you.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Folks,

Forget the year, ÂŁ17K is not a lot compared to new prices, so if it delivers the goods then it's a bargain. I reckon 1990s build quality beats 2010 build quality.

68K not a lot but do check for timed service items, like timing belt, if Merc use them.

Your only problem is how far you are away from the favorite playgrounds of Europe.
Alford - Haughton Caravan Park - great for a test run.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
welcome

hi there brian & marlene and a very warm welcome to MHF:welcomefunster: regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to the community, maybe like us you paid more than you planned to but the yardstick is if you're happy with it then you haven't paid too much. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back