Breakfasting in France poll (1 Viewer)

French hols. Your most frequently eaten, hence fave brekky. Includes your own van cooking.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
really surprised at the amount of cereal/fruit lovers. The fruit tho is so much nicer there isn't it ? Fat and sweet and lushness, even the ones in a glass :wine:

Indeed.....It's all from Spain just likes ours :D

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I didn't vote as being French I've had the same breakfast (or nearly) since I could sit on a "grown up seat": So there: A huge bowl of coffee with a large drop of milk in, and slices of bread with butter on , sometimes on hols I put some jam on, and yes Bonne Maman is the one!!! But the French bit I've seen in only one post is to DIP the bread/croissants/ pains aux raisins/ in the coffee! That is typical French !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sorry but most frequently eaten is not always favourite. I have toast every day but would prefer a full English, however I would then no longer fit in my van.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
It varies from day to day.
Cereal if we have fresh milk. If we have access to fresh bread, it might well be bread and jam/cheese/nutella.
If we have longlife bread(usually a few days old) we'll toast it up.
Sometimes full English if the cadac is out.
Eggs, pain au chocolate and fruit are normally for when the cupboards are empty or we want an early start.
The only constant is coffee.
Fresh (Bialetti) coffee if possible. Gold blend or even instant sachet if desperate !

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Porridge, like we have at home because I need a special diet :(

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We have porridge most days, usually with fruit of some kind. I've also started to use agave nectar instead of sugar and don't get the hunger/carb cravings. On special days I will make pancakes adding porridge oats and fruit if I have it.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We take a stash of bacon (and sausages) with us and love a fresh baguette bacon butty in a morning...
We take bacon and sausages as we don't like french sausages and their bacon is rubbish tbh

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
You can't beat fresh croissants and coffee

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I didn't vote as being French I've had the same breakfast (or nearly) since I could sit on a "grown up seat": So there: A huge bowl of coffee with a large drop of milk in, and slices of bread with butter on , sometimes on hols I put some jam on, and yes Bonne Maman is the one!!! But the French bit I've seen in only one post is to DIP the bread/croissants/ pains aux raisins/ in the coffee! That is typical French !!

Always dip bread or croissants in my coffee I spent some time on army exercises with the French army and we got a bowl of coffee and bread for breakfast loved it.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We have porridge most days, usually with fruit of some kind. I've also started to use agave nectar instead of sugar and don't get the hunger/carb cravings. On special days I will make pancakes adding porridge oats and fruit if I have it.

I make oat pancakes at weekend. Cup of organic oats, half cup oat bran, cup of milk. One egg, teaspoon bicarbonate soda, touch of salt, food processer, so easy...:)

Served with crispy bacon, lemon and zero calorie maple syrup:D

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
I love French food, wine, country, people, but I could not drink coffee first thing in the morning to save my life. Rather drink water. Late morning I love a mug of fresh coffee!
Never stock up before crossing to France, just tea bags and first couple of meals. Love French food. ALWAYS stock up before leaving france(y)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Nobody seems to have picked up on the "pain au raison" which had me chuckling at my desk at work for ages. It should of course be raisin, exactly as the English word. Raison means reason and I found "bread of reason" quite amusing, for some reason? :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Nobody seems to have picked up on the "pain au raison" which had me chuckling at my desk at work for ages. It should of course be raisin, exactly as the English word. Raison means reason and I found "bread of reason" quite amusing, for some reason? :)

No such thing as reason before breakfast..........

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

Well ... I did! LOL ! but I try to forget about spelling otherwise people think I'm being snooty! And when I see some of our towns spelling... my hair goes up straight (French way to say it... dunno if it makes any sense in English)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Probably 50/50

either a small cooked breakfast 3 or 4 of following

British dry smoked bacon, scrambled, fried or poached egg, tomato (love the big french fresh ones in microwave)/ mushrooms / beans for husband. I do take Black Farmer sausages or similar british sausage with us, we do like the boudin noir with onion :lips::lips:No bread items with / after cooked breakfast unless we are on ferry!

If it is really hot or we are moving on I can't be bothered cooking / cleaning up again in the morning so I will ditch the low carb rules and have a fresh baguette, brioche or a croissant, president butter and fresh homemade raspberry jam or honey, marmalade for husband.

I have ditched the low carb rule too many times this summer and need to diet again:groan:

Always at least 2 cups Nespresso coffee.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is another take on French "pains".

OI000146.jpg

And we've grown to like French bacon. The smoked stuff, fried without any oil in a dry pan turns into something crisp and very tasty. Compared to the UK water injected rubbish it is in a different league. And they make some tasty sausages too.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Indeed.....It's all from Spain just likes ours :D
I deliberately bought the french labelled stuff and farmers side markets on the road. Our stuff here from spain is vile, hard and crunchy or bruised to bits :/

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I make oat pancakes at weekend. Cup of organic oats, half cup oat bran, cup of milk. One egg, teaspoon bicarbonate soda, touch of salt, food processer, so easy...:)

Served with crispy bacon, lemon and zero calorie maple syrup:D
You take a food processor to France in your van ? Wow that's efficient !!! :eek: Tend to eat out mostly and just snack in the van while we're there.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
LOL, soz, my french is usually quite good, that was atrocious :D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I deliberately bought the french labelled stuff and farmers side markets on the road. Our stuff here from spain is vile, hard and crunchy or bruised to bits :/

They keep the best for themselves:D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You take a food processor to France in your van ? Wow that's efficient !!! :eek: Tend to eat out mostly and just snack in the van while we're there.

Ha ha ha..no I dont! was talking about at home:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back