wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Now I got myself a little RV I thought wot if it breaks down, bearing in mind its about 7 ton who does the best breakdown cover. I am with the AA at the mo but I am going to ask them if they recover bigger vehicles like mine. Go on the tell me what you think (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
The best cover comes with our motorhome insurance. We are with Comfort Insurance (Advantage Plus policy) which gives full UK and Europe breakdown cover. This is through RAC commercial however RAC will not do it as a one off as I understand it.

We have used it a few times in the UK and Europe and have found the service exceptional. Last trip we had to spend 4 days in a SPA Hotel in Teruel while the vehicle was being repaired. The accommodation was paid for by the RAC. Having a vehicle with a very long rear overhand they have to send out the very large HGV recovery trucks for us although we only weigh 4600kg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
You can get RAC through C&CC(Arrival), the C&CC membership was worth the discount at the time but ours is now through our insurers(Scenic).

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Don't think any of them will do a standalone breakdown policy. Ours is with RAC (commercial) through insurance which is underwritten by Aviva.

Denise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back