Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I am off to France in a couple of weeks, my insurance covers me for 90 days each year so that is ok.

However I was wondering what others do regarding breakdown insurance, in previous years when I had a caravan I always took out the extra insurance with the caravan club, it was quite expensive though.

Any suggestions for Breakdown cover whilst in Europe would be much appreciated.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Try ADAC

There is probably a thread for this somewhere, but look at the German recovery firm ADAC's website and give them a call. They speak good English and their premium cover is under £100 and covers you in the UK as well using the AA. I had to call them out in Spain this year and was most impressed with the speed of service and their linguistic ability. Downside? All the documentation is in German but translations do exist in the Internet.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We took out a policy with 2gether, very good price of around £70 but you must remember to call them to give them the exact travel dates each time you go abroad or you're not covered if you break down!! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Have a look at Aria Assistance, which was Europ Assist. They do annual multi trip starting at £66. We bought ours through Shield with general cover for the MH. Having used them last November in Spain, I can say their service is excellent.

Link Removed

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Check to see if your insurance gives you breakdown assist and recovery. My insurer is Safeguard and they provide full breakdown and recovery in the UK and Europe with no limits on time.

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
as said check with your insurer we with comfort they do 365 days eu cover any size van as standard :winky: stan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back