Breakdown Insurance Europe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by CJB, Jul 16, 2013.

1. CJB

CJB Funster

I am off to France in a couple of weeks, my insurance covers me for 90 days each year so that is ok.

However I was wondering what others do regarding breakdown insurance, in previous years when I had a caravan I always took out the extra insurance with the caravan club, it was quite expensive though.

Any suggestions for Breakdown cover whilst in Europe would be much appreciated.

2. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

Try ADAC

There is probably a thread for this somewhere, but look at the German recovery firm ADAC's website and give them a call. They speak good English and their premium cover is under £100 and covers you in the UK as well using the AA. I had to call them out in Spain this year and was most impressed with the speed of service and their linguistic ability. Downside? All the documentation is in German but translations do exist in the Internet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

We took out a policy with 2gether, very good price of around £70 but you must remember to call them to give them the exact travel dates each time you go abroad or you're not covered if you break down!! :BigGrin:

4. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

5. Sid52

Sid52 Funster

Check to see if your insurance gives you breakdown assist and recovery. My insurer is Safeguard and they provide full breakdown and recovery in the UK and Europe with no limits on time.

6. voyagerstan

voyagerstan Read Only Funster

as said check with your insurer we with comfort they do 365 days eu cover any size van as standard :Wink: stan