mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I've been with AA for 30 yes covering all my vehicles and always had good service from them. But I have now bought a MH with a revenue weight of 4150kgs and they say they won't carry it should it break down, which I find odd. I would also like to know which cover other motorhomers have. And I don't travel abroad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hello i also am covered with the ccc with rac and also i am insured with caravanguard and it is in with the insurance:Smile: hope it helps, good luck

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
For UK we're with CC with Personal cover which covers us in any vehicle as we have cars as well. We're insured with Safeguard which includes AA cover in UK and abroad.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
adac is by far the best but joining is a bit of a lottery, i'm covered by the RAC through comfort insurance,:thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Has anyone looked at gem breakdown looks the dogs, and recommended by auto express, what I can make out , covers you not the van for any length of time in Europe for £80 but you have to ring them before 6 o clock so going to try them tomorrow:thumb:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
This topic has been posted a few times but still causes a bit of confusion and is well worth a few words if it helps prevent someone left at the roadside.

For those over 3500kgs the normal aa, rac, green flag, saga, Britannia, similarly free cover through bank accounts etc. will not recover your MH. Be very careful when buying it. Ask for a statement in writing that your xxy MH length, width, height & mass is covered. After several verbal assurances which do not agree with the small print in the policy, it's the only way to be sure.

Anyway the CCC Arrival scheme covers you as does cover provided through Comfort insurance (is RAC Arrival based) other assure ADAC does albeit in the UK via RAC arrival.

Would be worth posting any companies you find and what they do or don't cover.:thumb:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Anyway the CCC Arrival scheme covers you as does cover provided through Comfort insurance (is RAC Arrival based) other assure[HI] ADAC does albeit in the UK via RAC arrival[/HI].

Would be worth posting any companies you find and what they do or don't cover.:thumb:

Thought it was via the AA?

We're covered by ADAC.
Also with RAC via Aviva through Facts.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We joined ADAC last and this €90 each year ,

called them for assistance 2 weeks ago around 3 oclock in the afternoon mid week ... using the numbers on my membership card ,

Only reply was recorded messages in German :Eeek:

rang the second number ,,, medical assistance only basic in english , he took my membership number passed me onto the breakdown section ,,,, the guy says he dont speak english and put the phone down , :cry:

so i ring the number in the paper work ,,,get a recorded message in german then at the end an english recording says ring another number so i do and .... you guessed it a recorded message in german ,:Doh:

so i ring the orignal nembership help line and guess what i get a recorded message in german ,:whatthe:

so i flag down a moroccan who happend to know a mecanic .........

NOT IMPRESSED WITH ADAC :Angry:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We joined ADAC last and this €90 each year ,

called them for assistance 2 weeks ago around 3 oclock in the afternoon mid week ... using the numbers on my membership card ,

Only reply was recorded messages in German :Eeek:

rang the second number ,,, medical assistance only basic in english , he took my membership number passed me onto the breakdown section ,,,, the guy says he dont speak english and put the phone down , :cry:

so i ring the number in the paper work ,,,get a recorded message in german then at the end an english recording says ring another number so i do and .... you guessed it a recorded message in german ,:Doh:

so i ring the orignal nembership help line and guess what i get a recorded message in german ,:whatthe:

so i flag down a moroccan who happend to know a mecanic .........

NOT IMPRESSED WITH ADAC :Angry:

That's what stops me jumping in, if it's all in German in the books why is it not German when you ring in a emergency , it's to late to find out when you are in the middle of a foreign country broken down, although they do have a good write up on here, there is just one or two like you who have had far from good service. And some say they are not doing England now, is this still on going?:Eeek:

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

Safeguard breakdown assistance is provided by the AA, although in Europe they rely on local garages or a local motoring organisation. You call an AA number, so they should speak English. Cover is provided for vehicles both below 3.5t and above, including unaccompanied recovery to the UK. Their policy document is here, starting on p9: Broken Link Removed

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
For those over 3500kgs the normal aa, rac, green flag, saga, Britannia, similarly free cover through bank accounts etc. will not recover your MH. Be very careful when buying it. Ask for a statement in writing that your xxy MH length, width, height & mass is covered. After several verbal assurances which do not agree with the small print in the policy, it's the only way to be sure.

Almost correct. If you have the breakdown service direct with Britannia Rescue, then the following terms apply to motorhomes (in Section B of the current policy document):

Motorhomes – must not be more than 8 metres in length or a weight when fully loaded
not exceeding 7.5 tonnes and must be a recognised make and model which has been
coach–built for that precise purpose. If appropriate you must always carry a legal and
serviceable spare wheel or a manufacturer supplied or approved emergency tyre inflation kit or equipment and keys for any tyre security devices

Can't comment on the other services.

HTH

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
As I understand it, the ADAC use the AA for their cover in the UK, but do not offer cover in Germany for UK members, that's what I was told when I made an enquiry, so what do existing ADAC members do when they go to Germany??

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have always been with Saga cant fault their breakdown service, yes the insurance cover renewal gets a bit carried away until you phone them and they come back to earth. :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

But as a company to deal with, I find them very good, :thumb: Its a case of what ever suits you.

Adac only 92 day trip europe and RAC arrivals only 90 day trip europe, so no good for us. Bob.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Comfort insurance!
For me the cheapest Mh policy,it also has the added bonus of throwing in European cover for a Mh,above 3.5 t,free. :thumb:

Vlad

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back